Assistant Management Accountant
- Peterborough, England, United Kingdom Peterborough England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BGL Group Limited
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
BGL Group, home of IDO (Insurance, Distribution & Outsourcing)
We currently have an opportunity for an Assistant Management Accountant to join our Central Finance Team, working with the Finance Manager to support the business in regards to cost control.
You will play an important role in managing IDO cost centres, liaising with managers to review monthly costs, performing accounting entries and analysis on IDO department budgets and providing general financial support to the Central Finance Team, where possible.
As a result of your hard work, you’ll help identify/reduce risks as well as help identify available opportunities.
What will it take to be successful as an Assistant Management Accountant?
- Qualified AAT with the view of or already studying CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Previous experience managing cost centres is preferable
- Strong work ethic, ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to get the job done
- Ability to work under pressure when deadlines approach
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet targets
- Ability to work as part of a team, dealing with all levels of the organisation
Why choose us?
Our IDO (Insurance, Distribution and Outsourcing) Division is a leading insurance distributor of household financial services for multiple brands, through our affinity business Junction and our own consumer brands BeagleStreet.com, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct.
As digital operators in the insurance product offering and customer service spaces, our customers are at the heart of everything we do and are ultimately the driving force behind our focus on innovation. Our teams are encouraged to collaborate, challenge and trial new things – shaping your own career according to your interests and ability to spot opportunities for our customers.
We're focused on delivering the best outcomes for our customers.
We grow because we are…
- AMBITIOUS - We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability
- CREATIVE - We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's
- AUTHENTIC - We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it
- UNITED - We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together