Associate Director, Financial Analysis & Control
- Highly Competetive
- Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BGL Group Limited
- 23 Jan 18 2018-01-23
To safeguard the company assets, to ensure the business fully understands performance in the context of its operational and strategic goals and is able to plan and forecast effectively.
This key leadership role will drive the financial analysis and control agenda for ComparetheMarket.com (CtM), ensuring the business fully understands performance in the context of its operational and strategic goals and is able to plan and forecast effectively.
As a market leading brand CtM is relentless in its ambitions to make saving money easy and rewarding for our customers. We’ve enjoyed a huge amount of organic growth which we’re going to accelerate though embracing new technology, techniques and product verticals. As we mature it’s imperative that our financial controls and analysis function keeps up with the pace of change, which has led us to create this brand new role.
What will you be responsible for as an AD Financial Analysis & Control?
• Assess the health of the business in the context of both operational and strategic goals and provide appropriate challenge to senior leadership within the wider business
• Owning the CTM reporting agenda
• Safeguarding the assets of the business
• Refine and Embed appropriate financial controls
• Proactively drive and enhance CTM’s Management Information
• Ensure effective and reliable forecasting and planning processes areembedded so the business can appropriately engage and deliver
What will it take to be successful?
• Previously held a senior role within Financial Control and FP&A, preferably at Group level
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to engage with both financial and non-financial stakeholders
• Qualified accountant with significant PQE and history of senior management
• Experience in the delivery of a MI reporting system preferable
• Strong influencing skills to ensure that the best decisions are taken
• Curious, inquisitive and proactive
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, CompareTheMarket, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!
We grow because we are…
We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.