- Peterborough, England, United Kingdom Peterborough England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BGL Group Limited
- 01 Jun 18 2018-06-01
We are currently looking for an experienced, passionate and driven Compliance Manager to join our Group Compliance team on a permanent basis.
This is an influential position providing a compliance advisory service to the Group which will include (but won’t be limited to) advice on regulatory change, compliance with applicable regulations and guidance, adherence to relevant policies and provide input on compliance reporting.
You will be responsible for overseeing and assuring that the Group is meeting its regulatory responsibilities and operating within the company’s risk appetite, especially conduct, conflicts of interest and regulatory risk. This will be achieved by:
- Supporting the Senior Manager (Policy) in ensuring that the Group maintain appropriate authorisation and permissions under the FSMA and ancillary Regulations
- Supporting the Senior Manager (Policy) with regulatory interactions including regulatory meetings and visits, FCA responses and submissions, statutory reporting, etc.
- Supporting relationship led frameworks for current and emerging businesses across the Group, providing regulatory technical advice to ensure the business remains compliant
- Maintaining an end-to-end process for all regulatory changes, monitoring all arising changes impacting the Group and working with the wider department to track accordingly, briefing the business on regulatory trends and developments as well as long term change
- Identifying opportunities for BGL group to proactively influence regulatory change by highlighting relevant invitations to consult, and by facilitating and drafting responses
What will it take to be successful as a Compliance Manager?
You already have compliance management experience within financial services and comprehensive knowledge of FCA handbook rules and guidance, especially MCOBS.
In addition to this, you know you have strong regulatory and legislative framework experience and you’re use to analysing controls effectiveness. Which means you are ideally looking for an opportunity that will not only utilise your understanding of the FCA rules and guidelines, but will also exploit your ability to handle more complex issues.
Of course, it is important that you show the right attitude! If you are someone who thinks analytically, who has integrity, resilience and who is customer focused, influential and can work well as a team, you’ll definitely fit in here at BGL Group.
Sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, CompareTheMarket, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!
We grow because we are…
- Ambitious - We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability
- Creative - We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
- Authentic - We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
- United - We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.