Senior Compliance Manager
- Peterborough, England, United Kingdom Peterborough England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BGL Group Limited
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
The Senior Compliance Manager will support the delivery of the IDO strategy, ensuring fair outcomes for customers and enabling the Division to grow sustainable, profitable business within a robust regulatory governance framework. Assisting the Associate Director in managing and maintaining an effective process for the identification, analysis, dissemination of regulatory changes impacting IDO.
Senior Compliance Manager
Do you want to work for a company that truly values their people?
Would you like to be part of a proactive team that works hard to stay ahead of the curve?
Are you naturally steered towards the need to provide insight into the importance of compliance and building strong processes to reduce risk?
This could be the role for you!
What’s the role?
- Assist the Associate Director of Risk & Compliance in managing and maintaining an effective process for the identification, analysis and dissemination of regulatory changes impacting the IDO Division
- Play a key role in leading and providing an effective regulatory compliance advisory service to the IDO Division
- Provide commercial solutions to regulatory matters for all Business Units, including strategies for handling regulatory changes and emerging regulatory risk
- Lead compliance liaison on behalf of the Division with Group Legal and Group Risk & Compliance
- Lead the provision of compliance support and oversight on the implementation of regulatory changes impacting the IDO Division
- Provide assurance to the IDO Exec and Senior Management (Approved Persons/SMCR) that the Division meets its regulatory responsibilities under the FSMA and ancillary Regulations, FCA Handbook and the requirements of other in-scope regulators
- Design and delivering compliance training in conjunction with Group Compliance
- Help embed a compliance-aware culture across the IDO Division
What will it take?
- Able to demonstrate experience of working within an FCA-regulated environment
- Knowledge of FSMA and FCA Handbook and understanding of the general insurance industry
- Experienced in compliance with the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act
- Thorough understanding of the regulatory change process.
- Experience in an open and challenging business or professional environment
- Skilled in applying regulatory knowledge to the achievement of business objectives
- Track record of achievement and delivery and experience in identifying and analysing regulatory risks.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence at all business levels
- Demonstrable experience in maintaining strong, challenging and constructive working relationships with business managers at senior and operational levels
- Previous line management experience.
Why choose us?
We are building a market leading Compliance capability in both the Group and Business Unit Compliance functions at our Peterborough Head Office. The working environment is dynamic, transparent and supportive, and we are looking for candidates who are technically excellent, passionate about good customer outcomes and able to work collaboratively.
We grow because we are…
- We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
- We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
- We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
- We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, CompareTheMarket, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!