- Poole, England, United Kingdom Poole England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
Job Title: Strategy & Business Improvement Analyst / Data Analyst Location: Poole Dorset
Job Title: Strategy & Business Improvement Analyst / Data Analyst
Competitive Salary ££££
The Sanctions operation provides payments screening to business units Group wide for all cross-border payments. Sanctions screening is conducted to safeguard our customers and ultimately the bank from being involved in financial transactions that are not permitted by external Sanctions regulators. This relates to Sanctioned countries, entities or individuals or other associated prohibited activity governed by our internal Group Compliance function.
The current Sanctions operating model consists of teams across a number of key global locations including India, Singapore, the US and UK.
Overall Purpose of Role
To support the delivery of Sanctions strategy related change and drive efficiencies, while ensuring compliance with Sanctions policies and work practices.
- Support the delivery of Sanctions Strategy, Automation and Continuous Improvement projects, in-line with the wider Group strategy.
- Support the delivery of change activity against time and budget schedules, while ensuring compliance with Sanctions policies and operational controls.
- Work effectively with stakeholders and senior management across Global Payments, Group Compliance and other external operations.
- Produce meaningful analysis and develop relevant project / change documentation to support the delivery of change and/or business improvements.
- Participate in tuning processes to protect operations from unnecessary spikes and actively drive improvement strategies and practices.
- Provide regular updates to line manager and team leaders on the status of KPIs, projects and potential operational impacts as a result of change and/or business improvements.
- Apply a data driven approach to analysis using data science to identify potential trends and areas for improvement.
- Actively drive improvements to ineffective or wasteful processes and procedures, applying Lean methodology to identify best practices.
- Experienced in Data Analytics/Data Science including SQL, Excel as minimum.
- Very strong ability to analyse data and work with detailed MI to identify impacts and opportunities, and present recommendations to a variety of audiences.
- Very confident in data manipulation and understanding data in order to create value and use data to support business strategies. Good interpersonal skills which will be used to maintain relationships with stakeholders including Senior Leadership and Compliance.
- Organisational skills in order to manage projects and appropriate timescales while delivering measurable benefits to the organisation.
- Experience working with external vendors and new technologies such as Fircosoft.
- Continue to develop the use of applications such as SQL, Microsoft Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Project Management, Problem Solving, Business Analysis and Stakeholder Management skills.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.