Sanctions Stategy Anaylst
- GBP30000 - GBP33000 per annum
- Poole, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 20 Sep 17
This Sanctions Strategy Analyst role offers the successful candidate a flexible working environment within a developing team and a very fast moving career path. We are looking for a motivated individual with an Analytical mindset ideally in a Statistical Science area.
My client, a leading Investment Bank, is looking to recruit a Strategy & Business Improvement Analyst to support the tuning process with the development of Tuning Rules and Exceptions to protect operations from unnecessary spikes while ensuring compliance with Sanctions policies and work practices. This role offers the successful candidate a flexible working environment within a developing team and a very fast developing career path. We are looking for a motivated individual with an Analytical mindset ideally in a Statistical Science area.
The Sanctions operation provides payments screening to business units Group wide for all cross-border payments. Sanctions screening is conducted to safeguard our customers and ultimately the bank from being involved in financial transactions that are not permitted by external Sanctions regulators. This relates to Sanctioned countries, entities or individuals or other associated prohibited activity governed by our internal Group Compliance function.
The current Sanctions operating model consists of teams across a number of key global locations including India, Singapore, the US and UK.
* Identifies rules / exceptions for implementation into FircoSoft to improve automation and efficiency.
* Validates rules / exceptions within FircoSoft to determine effectiveness and compliance with policy.
* Execute any rule/configuration changes into the production Fircosoft environment.
* Support the delivery of Sanctions automation in-line with the wider Group strategy.
* Work effectively with stakeholders and senior management across Global Payments, Group Compliance and other external operations.
* Produce meaningful analysis to support the delivery of tuning related initiatives.
* Actively tune unnecessary hits out of the system to protect operations from unnecessary spikes and actively drive improvement strategies and practices.
* Manage and support team improvement initiatives to improve sanctions processes or KPIs.
* Work closely with Change teams across the company to ensure successful delivery and integration of projects without adverse impact to the operation or customers.
* Actively drive improvements to ineffective or wasteful processes and procedures, applying Lean methodology to identify best practices.
* Develop an understanding of Sanctions regulations, systems and operational processes across Global Payments.
* Be able to respond to ad-hoc requests from the management team and business units by effectively managing your workload.
* Improve technical knowledge and analytical capabilities through personal development and training.
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
* Business Analysis and Problem Solving skills.
* Good interpersonal skills which will be used to maintain relationships with stakeholders including Senior Leadership and Compliance.
* The ability to analyse data, identify impacts and opportunities, and present recommendations to a variety of audiences.
* Able to apply problem solving and continuous improvement such as LEAN and other practices.
* Organisational skills in order to manage projects and appropriate timescales while delivering measurable benefits to the organisation.
* Continue to develop the use of applications such as Microsoft Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
* Ability to maintain Values and a strict control environment safeguarding the bank and its customers from any potential risks.
* Team player who is able to work effectively both with their own team and with others in the Sanctions department.
* Demonstrate strong analytical, presentation and communication skills to support Sanctions and work with a diverse range of colleagues across multiple sites.
* Be self-motivated, capable of working independently, when required, to a high standard.
* The candidate will need to be capable of finding resolutions to issues in a timely manner, confident in taking ownership of an issue and executing the appropriate techniques to deliver a solution.
* Be driven, creative and able to search for best working practices with a culture for improvements.
* A positive attitude to change is essential and a desire to solve problems and deliver solutions in a timely manner is required.