Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation. Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues. Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. Job Purpose The Accountant (Fund) reporting to Senior accountant for Unit Pricing, the role will not have any direct reports but is responsible is responsible for providing support for performing and overseeing the business-critical day to day Unit Pricing tasks, which serve Unit Linked, Non-Linked and Solvency II stakeholders. The assets held include Collective Investments, Equities, Fixed Interest, Derivatives and Cash Instruments such as Money Market Funds, Certificates of Deposit etc.
The team provides effective, efficient and scalable investment operations services to the UK's insurance and Wealth Management and Asset Management Businesses as well as other group companies and third-party clients in respect of Assets Under Administration of c£40bn.
As the member of the specialist team responsible for - • Providing daily support to the Unit Pricing team with complex pricing queries, pricing errors and fund pricing & Dealing Cash position sign offs as required. • Facilitating Fund Settings in the Fund Accounting system, Deemed Disposals, Profit & Loss rolls, Fund Taxation, Ongoing Charges Figures (OCF) calculations, rebate calculations, monitoring of regulatory/legislative/accounting changes for Fund/NAV accounting and periodic/long-term performance checks. • Providing support to Senior accountant on the technical matters relating CLL internal governance. • providing support to SME on projects and where changes are needed.
The role will ensure the maintenance of a professional quality service in line with internal policies and external regulations that meet client expectations and industry view of best practice.
Key Accountabilities 1) Assist in the oversight of the daily operation of the team and provide technical support in delivering professional fund administration services in a controlled and timely manner. Reviewing key controls as required to deliver in consistent quality services in line with benchmarks as per Service Level Agreements This includes: • Accurate daily unit prices of insured funds including timely resolution of complex pricing issues, errors and rebate calculations; • Timely and robust review and signoff of dealing cash positions; • Accurate and timely review of Fund Charges and Fund Taxation activities including deemed disposals etc. • Providing general technical oversight of Unit Pricing services and oversight responsibility for Fund Settings in the Fund Accounting system
2) Assisting in ensuring high quality and timely technical input into strategic change (e.g. New Asset Types/operating models) and operational change (e.g. New Funds) including appropriate change control processes. Assist in overseeing and provide expertise to ensure planning and implementing of changes in order to comply with regulations or enhance services.
3) Assist in providing technical expertise and oversee the management, training and development of teams across the Investment Operations area. Ensure that documentation and procedures are kept both up to date with regulatory, industry and internal requirements as appropriate across the Investment Operations area. Assist Senior Accountant with, and provide input into ICOFR, RCSA and Policy attestation for the area in addition to internal and external audit requirements.
4) Key contributor to ensure external operational relationships (e.g. Custodians, 3rd Party Administrators and Fund Managers) are appropriately managed and maintained. Assist in building collaborative working relationships with other internal areas in order to develop and maintain service levels as required (e.g. CLAM, Unit Pricing, Finance Operations, Tax etc.).
5) To help produce, implement and report KPI & KRI's to measure effectiveness and ensure service standards are met.
6) Pro-actively prevent, identify and resolve issues and errors, assisting other team members and the operation teams with problem solving and issue management in a timely manner, reporting and escalating issues and risk as appropriate.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills • Extensive Unit Pricing (including Fund Taxation), Investment Administration and Accounting experience • In-depth knowledge of European Securities and pricing regulations and practices. • Able to build relationships and gain trust and respect at all levels • Strong leadership skills - able to manage, develop and motivate a team of accounting staff • Ability to resolve and communicate complex issues to finance and non-finance staff. • Proven ability to identify, advise and direct appropriate resource to implement practical operational solution. • Demonstrates personal drive, energy, persistence and self -motivation and awareness of the part played in the wider business • Experience of working with Multifonds,ICON,Ability to manage a team within a demanding operational area with multiple clients and stakeholders delivering accurate, high quality financial data and services each working day. Experience of working with the Multifonds, ICON, Bloomberg AIM/terminal systems or similar as well as experience/working knowledge of Collective Investment Income from a Life/Pension fund perspective would be beneficial.
Professional qualification i.e. CISI/CIMA /ACCA/ACA
What you'll like about working here As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences