Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
Due to the continued expansion of our Investment Financial Services division an opportunity has arisen for an Accountant (Project focus) to join the Investment Development Unit (IDU) based in our head office in Potters Bar to assist with delivery of corporate projects as well as departmental work requests
- Assist and manage the development of corporate projects in relation to all aspects of investment administration, accounting and reporting.
This will encompass analysing, understanding, resolving and communicating material business issues to management.
- Extensive business partnering with IS, Finance and Actuarial departments as well as working closely with BAU teams within the Investment Division.
- You will play a key part in the testing, documenting and implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Focus on accountability to clients to meet their everyday core business objectives.
- Development requests will be focused on ensuring operational efficiency for the Investment Division and effective handover to BAU teams is essential. Frequent communication is required with clients to resolve issues, challenges and to resolve resource conflicts.
- Communicate complex and technical investment accounting concepts (new systems, new regulations, etc.) to team members and business partners clearly to ensure all requirements are met and implemented effectively.
- Continually keep abreast of changes to finance - and investment regulations and implement new procedures when necessary ensuring the Company's legal and statutory requirements are met.
- Assist in the continuous development and improvement of the Department's processes and procedures to ensure the provision of timely and accurate financial information for all European clients.
- This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop professionally and widen their exposure to senior management.
- Specific duties of the role include, but not limited to:
• Assist and manage the development of corporate projects and departmental work requests, reporting to both project managers and IDU management.
• Communicate complex and technical investment accounting concepts (new systems, new regulations) clearly to team members and business partners to ensure all requirements are met and implemented effectively.
• Continually keep abreast of changes to finance/investment regulations & implement new procedures when necessary ensuring the Company's legal & statutory requirements are met.
• Embedding new processes within the BAU teams.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• Qualified Accountant
• Willing to study towards further professional exams
• Ability to deal with complex tasks, unsupervised.
• Able to train new members of staff and work effectively in a team
• Good skills in relevant software applications, including MS-Excel, MS-Word, ICON, and SAP
• Ability to work on own initiative and to agreed targets
• Ability to work effectively in a team.
• Enthusiastic and confident approach to new challenges.
• Good verbal and written communication skills. What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences