Actuary (Prophet developer)
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
To develop, test and run DCS and Prophet models and associated tools such as excel reporting. The aim is to develop the valuation model and implement through a controlled release cycle framework.
This role requires the development of the model point creation process to handle a new annuity source system that will eventually replace one of the current source systems.
We are looking for individuals with a good level of experience and technical skills, who will work as part of a friendly team delivering high quality enhancements.
This role will be key in supporting transformation & developing processes to reflect business changes within financial reporting and facilitate greater efficiency across all aspects of actuarial reporting. It is a temporary role within the finance change project which is looking at increasing process efficiency within actuarial reporting This is position is being recruited as a 12 month fixed term contract or secondment
• Develop and build systems to implement required changes
• Ensure documented requirements are robust and fully specified
• Developments are efficiently built within our current framework.
• Perform all testing required by the development owner
• Prepare all development documentation including test documentation ensuring it clearly and concisely explains the development and the testing performed.
• Implement Change to the production environment through our change release process
• Ensure implementation implications for processes are all understood
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• Track record in developing DCS and Prophet Liability models
• Good experience of working in a team
• Ability to produce documentation of developments and testing
• Ability to show initiative in applying good problem solving and analytical skills
• A practical and hands on approach with a focus on attention to detail and experience of source system migrations
• Good communicator
• Good project management skills
• Works well within a controlled environment, showing clear and comprehensive audit trail
• Relevant experience working in a Life Office
• Experience of various reporting metrics together with experience of actuarial finance systems and reporting processes
• Actively manage priorities, workload and stakeholders, and appropriately escalates issues and risks at the earliest opportunity, providing options for resolution.
• Provide appropriate input to the project status reports What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences