Customer Service Team Lead
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. Job Purpose
What you'll do
- To operate as a Customer Service Team Lead, ensuring that we put the customer at the heart of everything we do in line with our Company values.
- To lead a high performing team ensuring a high quality of service is maintained within our contact centre and that legislative, customer and Company requirements and standards are met within stated timescales.
- Recruit, manage, motivate and lead an effective & high performing team to enhance the overall customer experience, ensuring capacity is proactively managed.
Leading a team you will;
Who you are
- Actively manage the your team's performance, ensuring that team capability meets departmental objectives and are in accordance with the T&C Scheme.
- Be your team's first point of contact, being approachable is key. Take time to actively listen and truly understand individual's skills, goals and motivations. Able to personalise your team's journey and engage them, using the appropriate methods, in structured 121s and team meetings. Lead in shaping the team dynamic.
- Create an operating rhythm within your team which ensures flexible resource levels (people, skills and availability) are maintained at all times.
- Role model for the team, set the standards and adhere to them personally. Tackle challenging conversations early, seeing them as an opportunity for progress. Use credible and timely evidence for feedback, to enable developmental action.
- Deliver key messages to your team effectively via the appropriate platform, review understanding. Monitor outcomes utilising the business tools for quality and adherence.
- Build the relationship your team has with our customers by understanding; how the team fits in to the customers' journey and the impact you have on their experience
- Interesting in developing your people management / team coaching and leadership skills
- Understands and meets the needs of the customer
- Excellent organisational skills/time management skills and have the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- "Can Do", proactive attitude
- Diligent and conscientious in the accuracy of their work, excellent attention to detail
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic contact centre environment and able to work under pressure
What you'll like about working here
- Minimum 5 A* - C / 9 - 4 Grade GCSEs (including English and Maths) or equivalent
- Qualified / Working Towards- Award in Financial Administration
- (It is expected that you will have achieved the Award in Financial Administration within 9 months of commencing the role)
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences