Governance and MI Reporting Analyst
Duration: 12 month fixed term contract Location: Potters Bar, EN5
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. Job Summary:
Support the Compliance Technical team in ensuring timely responses to the required regulatory reporting, collating MI for governance meetings, coordinating the submission of FCA/PRA Senior Insurance Managers Regime and the FCA Approved Persons Regime applications. Working under the overall direction of the Head of Privacy and Data Protection, and as a member of the Compliance Technical team, the role holder will be expected to perform also general administration tasks and support the wider Compliance team where necessary. What you'll do
• Collate management information generated by the business and by the Compliance Department, (including the Data Protection and Financial Crime teams), on key regulatory activities and developments, compliance assessments, 1st Line compliance monitoring, customer outcomes, breaches, and any other appropriate regulatory matters, in order to produce management information and enable regulatory risks to be identified, assessed, monitored, managed and reported on to the appropriate personnel, UK and Global Senior Management, Committees and Boards. Review and collate regulatory reporting on Gabriel. Support the regulatory change process.
• Ensure accurate and timely responses are provided to the required regulatory reporting, notifications and, where appropriate, other communications (including one-off requests) to UK and Canadian Regulators and other authorities, including attestations to the Global Chief Compliance Officer. Ensure data is submitted in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate sign off from senior management.
• Co-ordinate the submission of applications and notifications for the PRA Senior Insurance Managers Regime and the FCA Approved Persons Regime. Work with Human Resources and Company Secretariat to ensure governance information concerning both Regimes is kept up to date in the Canada Life Limited and The Canada Life Group (UK) Limited Governance Maps.
• Co-ordinate the maintenance of Compliance policy and procedure documentation ensuring they are kept up to date and are reviewed at least annually by the relevant owners. Co-ordinate the review, approval and communication on a timely basis of regulatory risk policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure they remain compliant with regulatory requirements.
• Support the Compliance Function in the taking and drafting of minutes at Committees, as required.
• Provide day to day support to the Head of Privacy and Data Protection, Head of Compliance Technical and the wider Compliance Technical team and assist with various administrative tasks and compliance technical work, as required.
• Co-ordinate the disclosure of conflicts of interest, outside business activities and company relationships disclosure process.
• Assist the Compliance Function Security Co-ordinator with Security Access Requests for the function.
• Co-ordinate the maintenance of the Compliance Function Intranet pages.
• Risk, Control & Regulatory Environment (compulsory for all roles)
• Ensure familiarity with risk management programs, as they impact this position, and follow appropriate risk management procedures to control, monitor and report on business activities
• Ensure compliance with Company policies, regulatory, professional & legal requirements Skills/Experience Required
• Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Awareness of regulatory environment and requirements.
• Able to organise workloads for self and others to meet demanding and often changing priorities, ensuring that key deadlines are met.
• Able to solve problems and create pragmatic solutions and improvements.
• Good analytical and report writing skills including MS Office Work, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong communication skills, ability to present information in a clear, timely and focused way.
• Flexible, willing to travel to other office locations. What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences