Investment Supervisor Asset Servicing
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
Working within the Investment Operations area of Investment Financial Services which provides professional Investment Services to multiple clients in respect of Assets Under Administration.
The primary purpose of this role is to contribute to the above objective by planning, resourcing and implementing an efficient, effective and scalable Investment Operations Team capable of supporting strategic growth whilst consistently maintaining professional quality services in line with internal policies and external regulations that meet client expectations and industry view of Best Practice.
The Asset Servicing function responsibility is for ensuring asset data integrity for fund valuations and regulatory returns. This includes asset set up, security pricing, corporate actions and income processing.
Success in the job will be evidenced by quality operational performance and attainment of Asset Servicing KPI's e.g. the complete, accurate and timely provision of asset data, as well as contributions to Continuous Process Improvement. The results of the team are measured using a Balanced Scorecard based on deliverables to stakeholders such as Investment Reporting and Unit Pricing. Individual objectives and performance is captured in a Personal Development File.
This position is being recruited as a 12 month fixed term contract and does fall within the SMCR regulations.
• Assist the Investment Operations Manager in communicating vision and in implementing strategy to achieve the vision including embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
• Contribute to departmental objectives and set team objectives that are aligned with these whilst promoting a positive working environment.
• Prepare data packs for appropriate working groups and attend/ chair as required. Deputise for Investment Operations Manager and provide support to other Investment Supervisors in order to deliver a consistent quality service in line with benchmarks
• Plan, resource and implement an efficient, effective and scalable Investment Operations Team, capable of supporting strategic growth whilst consistently maintaining regular operational standards that meet client expectations and are in line with internal policies and regulatory requirements / guidelines and SLA's e.g. certifying the accuracy of the security master.
• Assist in the effective management of the Investment Operations Area by working with the other Investment Supervisors to co-ordinate resources as required delivering consistent quality services in line with benchmarks as per Service Level Agreements.
• Ensure change is managed effectively in the area including strategic change (i.e. devising and implementing appropriate communication strategy) and operational change (i.e. through appropriate change control processes and policies)
• Ensure External relationships such as the Custodian, 3rd Party Administrators and Fund Managers, Data Vendors etc. are appropriately managed and also build strategic working relationships with other internal areas in order to develop and maintain service levels as required (e.g. Investment Financial Management, IDU, IFC, IFR and Unit Pricing).
• Develop and maintain effective training programme (e.g. procedure notes, workshops, induction programmes) ensuring the team are adequately trained and kept up to date with all regulatory and statutory requirements pertaining to unit pricing, fund administration and asset servicing.
• Manage and develop the performance of the team, so that the performance of individuals improves in line with department objectives, and in accordance with the T & C Scheme. This includes regular 1:1s and effective us of the performance management system.
• As "process owner", to monitor and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of the overall process and to initiate and implement continuous process improvements & contribute to projects to meet customer needs and company objectives. To ensure controls are maintained and documentation kept up to date in line with internal and external policy requirements e.g. ICOFR.
• Develop and produce appropriate MI as required and manage and present this to Investment Operations Manager and clients as required. Devise appropriate Operational performance indicators (KPI's) and Balanced Scorecard data and use such MI to drive results in terms of improved performance.
• Pro-actively prevent, identify and resolve issues and errors identifying and implementing appropriate remedial actions to prevent reoccurrence (including assisting team members with problem solving and issue management). This should be done in a timely manner reporting and escalating issues and risks as appropriate.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• Significant relevant experience working within Asset Servicing
• Understanding of all the main asset classes, their characteristics, identifiers and valuation methods
• Basic accounting knowledge
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Excellent Customer Service Ethic
• Excellent System Skills
• Managing Tasks to meet deadlines
• Able to discuss detailed and technical issues with senior investment personnel with confidence
• Strong numeric abilities
• IOC Exams (ACSI) or qualified by experience
• Advanced Certificate in Operations (ACSI) or qualified by experience What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences