Medical Assessment Specialist
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
- To Support the Canada Life Enhanced Annuity service by assessing and inputting medical disclosures in order to produce accurate enhanced decisions in a timely manner for our customers and professional advisers.
What You'll Do
- Provide a full product range, sales focused, medical assessment quotation service for IFAs, direct customers, and the Sales Teams. Delivering accurate quote variations medical input decisions for quotes within agreed service standards and to include other team duties as needed.
- Investigate and resolve product queries, problems and related correspondence, in a timely and efficient manner in order to maintain the department's customer service standards.Work closely with the Senior Underwriter to perform complex medical assessments.
- Maintain technical product and medical knowledge in order to support the wider team, provide cover, and achieve department objectives.
- Update and maintain accurate customer and company records, in order to meet legislative, customer and company requirements.
- Continuously review and improve processes and procedures to ensure the provision of timely, accurate and efficient levels of service.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, regulatory, professional & legal requirements
- Take responsibility for testing of new medical underwriting engine updates
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Detailed understanding of Canada Life medical underwriting input rules.
- Detailed understanding of the Enhanced Annuity and associated Annuity products, customers and markets
- Maintains Canada Life underwriting input knowledge with industry, market and company changes.
- Diligent and conscientious in the accuracy of their work
- Able to provide coaching and training to develop staff.
- Able to explain complex ideas
- Good Communication Skills
- Good organisational skills as working to tight deadlines
What you'll like about working here
- Certificate/Diploma/A Levels
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences