12 Month Fixed-Term Contract Opportunity
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. Job Purpose
Plans and manages the creation and delivery of high quality marketing communications to support the Wealth/Insurance division's business objectives, and corporate /brand objectives. Responsible for on and offline campaigns and content, and achieving marketing goals such as sales lead generation and increased awareness of our brand and product range.
This role will specialise in one of the following product marketing areas:
What You'll Do
- Group Protection
- Individual Protection, Equity Release and Annuity products
Who You Are
- Line management responsibilities. Lead regular two-way communication opportunities with your team, encouraging openness, collaboration, and trust. Proactively manage the performance of your team ad ensure productivity. Review and approve your teams work, and develop their skills and knowledge.
- Write and agree marketing communication plans for the Wealth/Insurance division, with responsibility for successfully delivering all activities in the plan on time and within budget, and successfully achieving the objectives of the campaigns - eg leads, web visits, webinar or event attendees.
- Agree marketing objectives and KPIs for all activities where possible, ensuring that relevant metrics are measured and reported, and relevant data monitored, to establish campaign effectiveness, key learnings and pursue a culture of continual improvement.
- Develop advertising and direct marketing campaigns from brief through to delivery, on and offline, across multiple channels - eg media advertising, email, direct mail, social media, paid search
- Understand competitive landscape and emerging micro and macro factors, and ensure plans are adapted to correctly position campaigns and content. Work with stakeholders to understand business line requirements, urgent requests or regulatory requirements.
- Support customer and data driven transformation. Better equip the business with audience insight through primary and secondary research and MI which results in actionable insights.
- Work closely with counterparts in other departments as required, such as Sales, Product and Compliance, and external advertising agencies, media buyers etc, and represent Marketing when needed on projects, product working groups and in other forums
Comprehensive experience in a senior marketing communications role is necessary, for example:
- Marketing planning, communication and contact strategy, and management of sophisticated multi-channel campaigns
- Use of data and marketing analytics to improve campaigns over time, including testing and optimisation techniques
- Deep knowledge of digital marketing methods - including email and marketing automation, content marketing, social media, and online advertising
- Significant experience managing agencies and other providers of marketing services
- Broad experience of using marketing systems such as CMS, google analytics, marketing automation and email software
- Knowledge of intermediated distribution essential
A background in financial services is also essential, and for the 'Wealth' role, demonstrable experience across adviser platforms, On and offshore bonds, estate planning, and ideally asset / fund management. For the insurance roles, demonstrable experience across Group and Individual Protection, as well as home finance / equity release and annuities. What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences