Job title: Test Lead
Location: Potters Bar or Isle Of Man
Job type: Permanent
Who we are
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What we’re building
We now need a Test Lead to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the IT function. The Test Lead is responsible for the planning, monitoring and control of all project testing activities.
Reporting directly to the QA Manager, the Test Lead will be responsible for all day-to-day testing tasks on projects to which they are assigned, including functional testing, performance testing, regression testing and co-ordinating the use of automation to optimise test & delivery efficiency. The Test Lead is responsible for the planning, monitoring and control of all project testing activities.
The Test Lead will supplement the existing knowledge and skills base within the team, mentoring and training other testers to ensure knowledge is shared as applicable across the team.
What you’ll do
•Day-to-day management of Test Analysts to deliver Project / Release Test Plans
•Managing the activities involved in delivering specific test tasks enabling Test Analysts and Senior Test Analysts to complete test activities on time.
•Perform hands-on testing as required to ensure timely completion of test activities.
•Responsible for test preparation and execution of all Canada Life owned testing phases, including Non-Functional testing.
•Ensuring that all testing is completed to time, cost and quality.
•Definition and sign-off of Project / Release Test Plans.
•Oversee the implementation of test automation for specific Projects / Releases.
•Identifying skills gaps and related training requirements within the team.
•Knowledge transfer, training and mentoring of other members of the QA team.
•Provide Test Progress Reports and relevant Management Information regularly and on request.
•Assisting the QA Manager in embedding new test methodologies.
•Identifying process improvements to increase efficiency and enhance test maturity.
Who you are
• Strong experience working within an agile (SCRUM) development environment and experience working within a waterfall delivery methodology.
• Excellent knowledge of manual testing methods and techniques used to identify test scenarios and criteria.
• Proven Test Lead or Senior Test Analyst experience, leading the QA effort of a team of testers.
• Regression Testing & Automation - knowledge and experience of automated test frameworks and creating automated tests. Applying automation to create an efficient Regression Test approach.
• Able to co-ordinate different phases of testing, including System Testing, UAT and Business Acceptance Testing.
• Previous experience mentoring other members of a team.
• Experience working with and managing quality from external suppliers.
• Co-ordinating testers across multiple physical locations.
• Experience in Insurance or Financial Services, ideally wealth management
and retirement products.
• Experience using Jira / Zephyr for Test Case Management.
• Previous experience of testing on large scale projects / transformation programmes.
• Performance Testing – knowledge of industry load and monitoring tools with hands-on experience of their use to meet Non-Functional Requirements.
• Knowledge and experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and related best practices.
• ISTQB / ISEB qualified in a Test Management qualification.
• Exposure to testing on the GBST / FNZ Composer Platform.
What you’ll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.