Principal Information Security Lead
- Apr 30, 2021
- £40k - £60k
A leading, global defence, security and aerospace company is looking to hire an experienced Principal Information Security Lead on a permanent basis. Principal Information Security Lead Salary - £60,000 + Benefits Location - Preston - Other UK wide locations will be considered Flexible working
A leading, global defence, security and aerospace company is looking to hire an experienced Principal Information Security Lead on a permanent basis. The role is based at their site in Preston, but other UK wide locations will be considered as well as flexible working.
As a Principal Information Security Lead, you will lead, own and deliver a number of security aspects across a wide variety of capabilities throughout the organisation, providing security expertise, advice and assurance to ensure that security is embedded through life.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to gain enviable experience across a wide range of exciting and complex projects. Key responsibilities
- Manage a small team of Information Assurance Specialists.
- Leading delivery of IT Security assurance activities to ensure secure by design and effective in operation for systems and services in scope
- Leading Assessment of systems, services, and IT Security controls, to provide an independent analysis of compliance with Security Policy, standards, and external regulatory requirements.
- Analysis, creation and compilation of relevant assurance documentation determining the compliance level of systems and services, technical security controls with applicable accreditation and internal policy requirements
- Engaging with stakeholders to promote a mind-set of developing secure systems and transfer knowledge of security standards and processes
- Support in the development & maintenance of Business reporting and assurance documentation
- Proven knowledge and experience of working within architecture frameworks, ideally SABSA and TOGAF
- CCP, CISM or CISSP qualification
- Knowledge of information security standards, such as HMG, ISO 27001/18, NIST 800 etc and their application to a variety of IT solutions processing protectively marked information.
- Significant IT Security assurance experience, dealing with security risk, requirements, technologies and architectures.
- In-depth knowledge of threats, risks, vulnerabilities and risk mitigations strategies and techniques
- Wide ranging knowledge of application, infrastructure and security technologies and in-depth knowledge of implementing them in a secure configuration within CPE & Cloud environments
- Experience of working in a project environment and awareness of system development lifecycle methodologies
- Ability to develop Security architectures, using appropriate technologies and apply proportionate security controls
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.