Associate/Senior Associate, Intellectual Property Advisory, Reading
Your opportunity Following the acquisition of ClearViewIP on May 31st ( press release ) and the successful integration with other IP capabilities across the Firm, Deloitte IP Advisory is the leading specialist intellectual property service provider supporting clients across the globe with IP Strategy and Transaction Advisory Services.
IP Advisory helps clients develop comprehensive IP strategies, implement effective IP processes, build and strengthen their IP portfolios, asses, value and monetize their IP and seek operational efficiencies. Through our services, clients are able to understand their competitive position, build value, manage risks and unlock additional income streams.
The IP Advisory team includes CIPOs, business builders, licensing executives, IP valuation professionals, and technologists with decades of experience working with multinational FTSE and Fortune 100 companies as well as SME's and academic institutions.
Our clients operate in fast-paced industries, across all industry sectors and we look to recruit people who can keep up with the latest technology trends, predict future markets and gather and analyse complex data to evaluate the outputs of R&D and innovation activities and develop an understanding of a wide range of intellectual assets types, such as patent portfolios, designs, trade secrets and know-how, trademarks and software and their use in supporting our clients' business objectives.
People are the heart of our company. We are a close knit, highly skilled team, well connected and recognised internationally as leading industry professionals. We can offer you a dynamic and challenging work environment, supported by professional training and development and the opportunity to work on challenging and highly significant projects.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
IP Advisory Associates provide support to the consulting activity of the senior team, undertaking IP analysis, technology and market research, and for example preparing reports on the IP portfolios of clients and companies active in their sector. Our IP Advisory Associates are encouraged to expand their experience by working with the more experienced team members on IP-centric transactions, such as M&A, IP divestitures, acquisitions and licensing.
- Researching into markets and technology to understand the client's competitive position
- Searching and analysing patent and non-patent data to find prior art, patents for acquisition or commercialisation opportunities for client's own patents
- Developing marketing collateral and valuation models for a wide range of IP portfolios, including patents, trademarks, designs, database rights, knowhow and trade-secrets, in support of licensing or sale negotiations or acquisition programs
- Assisting clients in identifying and documenting their innovation with a view to ensuring it is protected effectively, through the most appropriate IP mechanisms to support the client's strategy and drive enterprise value
On the job training and mentoring is provided by other team members including Managers, Assistant Directors and Directors and Partners and you will contribute to a range of projects for different clients and technology/market sectors. Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Reading office. There will be an opportunity for client facing experience and where appropriate, travel within the UK and overseas.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity on a full-time basis. Your professional experience
Deloitte IP Advisory looks for highly motivated, high achieving individuals with the following qualities:
Your service line: Financial Advisory
- An engineering or science background capable of understanding complex technologies with a degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences or Mathematics (2:1 or higher); Postgraduate qualifications are particularly valued
- Thorough and methodical approach to research, data analysis and report writing
- A keen interest in innovation, technology and its commercial application
- Independent, motivated and self-driven while enjoying teamwork and cooperation
- Strong presentation and communication skills - remote and face to face client interaction is an expectation of the role
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- No prior knowledge or experience in intellectual property is required for entry level, but relevant qualifications (e.g. LLM or PG Certificate in IP), or experience, will be valued. A willingness to learn is essential.
- Candidates with 1 to 2 years' experience in the intellectual property field are also encouraged to apply
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLFINA LOCREA
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 173300