Finance Apprenticeship - Billings Analyst
- Reading, England, United Kingdom Reading England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 29 May 18 2018-05-29
Investigation, recommendation and co-ordination of activities to resolve issues and reconcile accounts
What you’ll be doing...
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Fortune 500company in a position offering a role in a busy finance department supported by a formal qualification. We are offering an entry level opportunity in our Bill to Cash team with training and accreditation for CICM certification.
This role works in a vendor management environment investigating risk assessments and debt collection of our customer base. Credit management and debt collection is a dynamic function found across all sectors of UK and international commerce. Given the importance of credit management and debt collection, roles are central to many operations, typically setting policies, facilitating sales, managing financial risk and customer relationships.
The opportunity is a great fit for an analytical candidate who enjoys working in an environment using their numerical skills. It requires a candidate interested in gaining experience in a large Global organisation in a team responsible for resolving diverse and complex issues across the Bill to Cash function. The role acts as a point of escalation resolving customer issues impacting collection of outstanding debt.
The successful candidate for this role will study for a Level 3 CICM Accreditation alongside the role. Key tasks of the role will include;
- Investigation, recommendation and co-ordination of activities to resolve issues and reconcile accounts
- Reviewand implementcollection strategies to optimise the effectiveness and identify and address anomalies
- Drive timely collection and prompt identification & resolution of disputes
- Negotiate and manage customer Settlements, and execute all related agreements
- Be aware of operational best practice and identify opportunities to recommend modifications to operating policies and to optimise work procedures
- Manage customer accounts to ensure customer obligations are fulfilled and any credits raised
- Named contact for specified Verizon key stakeholders, providing updates and reporting and attending customer meetings as required
- Support Internal and External audit requests as and when appropriate.
As part of the training the candidate will gain education in;
- Credit management and debt collection
- Legal regulation and compliance
- Industry organisation and understanding
- Products, services and system processes
- Management of complex relationships.
On completion of the apprenticeship the candidate will be fully competent in the role and can continue to develop their career in this industry through a range of exciting possible pathways; this could include team leader, credit /collection manager or a more specialist role such as dealing with sensitive cases and senior credit risk analysts.
What we’re looking for...
- A level Maths grade A-C (or equivalent)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Must be well organised with good time management skills
- Strong excel capability
- Ability to operate in a busy, multi tasked and pressurised environment.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.