Roles and Responsibilities
• Running a portfolio, to include tax compliance and advice, and acting as first point of contact for your clients.
• You will be strongly encouraged to develop relationships with them Drafting advice, ranging from short e-mails to long and complex reports, often covering other taxes such as CT, VAT & SDLT. This will often involve reading legislation and commentaries, and consulting with our network of specialists
• Co-ordinating the advice provided by other tax skills sets and where appropriate, overseas offices.
• Carrying out detailed technical research in a variety of areas.
• There will be some involvement in business development activities however initially this will involve researching targets and supporting proposals
Qualifications and Skills
• Qualified accountant with experience working with entrepreneurial businesses or tax specialist with prior experience of working in a similar environment with exposure to varied advisory assignments.
Experience and Background
• Must be driven, ambitious and enthusiastic.
• Ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
• Good social skills, numerical ability, problem-solving, and written English.
• A strong desire to learn.
• High level of analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing a advice.
• Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.