Senior Manager Indirect Tax
- Reading, England, United Kingdom Reading England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
Job Title: Senior Manager Indirect Tax Location: Reading Salary Level: Competitive
Our indirect Tax professionals help clients to manage their indirect tax compliance obligations, to identify opportunities and mitigate indirect tax risks. They use their deep sector experience and knowledge of different legal and regulatory systems around the world to help clients meet their compliance obligations as well as achieve their business goals.
Our indirect tax professionals provide pragmatic commercial help so clients improve their day-to-day reporting for indirect tax. This includes improving working capital, reducing errors, reducing costs and ensuring indirect taxes are handled correctly. They advise how indirect taxes such as value added tax (VAT) or goods & services tax (GST) impinge on the client's supply chain and financial and accounting systems.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY's Bristol office specialist Indirect Tax team. The team help support and deliver Indirect Tax advice for their clients across the UK. This role will provide an opportunity to be involved in a fast growth part of the Indirect Tax team, working across the UK. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with both clients and all of the EY local offices, providing a great opportunity to build and expand your corporate network. As a manager you will also play a key role effectively managing the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing & coaching less experienced members of the team supporting them through assignments and helping them develop their careers.
Many of the team work flexibly and are actively encouraged to find a working pattern that gives them the work life balance that works for them and our clients. EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Your key responsibilities:
- Enthusiastic manager with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery team
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Your client responsibilities:
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide exceptional levels of client service
- Business development skills - able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work by proactively managing existing clients Overall responsibility of quality of client service
- Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
- Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm
Skills and attributes for success:
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/ACCA/CA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course; or Law qualification
- CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA) - Basic understanding of accounting principles such as journal adjustments and GL reconciliations
- Highly experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in functional area
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Ability to build strong client relationships
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.