Tax Manager - Transfer Pricing
- Reading, England, United Kingdom Reading England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
Job Title: Tax Manager - Transfer Pricing Location: Reading Salary Level: Competitive
Join our international tax services team, and develop your transfer pricing career with our close-knit team, working with exciting multinational companies.
The International Tax Services team and our team has advised on many of the high profile transactions and deals reported in the press over the past few years with top FTSE multinationals and continues to secure some of the most interesting work in the market. Our partners are well known and respected in the market and the work is technically challenging, creative and requires you to work closely with our clients' businesses.
The team support clients' cross-border transactions, assess their international tax strategies and provide a range of services supporting clients through the transfer pricing life cycle. As a member of this team, you'll work on multidisciplinary projects helping clients develop integrated and far-sighted global strategies in the ever changing regulatory environment.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm
Skills and attributes for success
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player
- Coaching more junior staff
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in International Tax
- Any of the following preferred: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
What we look for
You'll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients. In return we'll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you're in the best place to develop you tax career.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.