Web Translation Specialist
- Reading, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Morgan McKinley
- 23 Apr 19
Web Translation Specialist
Localisation and Web Translation Specialist - EMEA
Job Title: Localisation and Web Translation Specialist
Contract: 11 Months
Summary: Preferably with a Translator and Web Publishing skills, the focus is on achieving web improvement for the International core page translation program in terms of translation quality, linguistic expertise, workflow, page preparation, MSEO and localisation for EMEA languages. With a focus on the NMT (neural machine translation).
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experienced in web content publishing using Oracle technology (e.g., WebCenter Sites);
- Excellent communication skills to present across organisational levels and business units using multiple communication channels; Able to converse in core business languages;
- Able to build and maintain a strong network with internal stakeholders, other project contributors, and external resources;
- Able to manage international web projects required to support demand generation and marketing campaign activities;
- Able to identify priority issues and manage stakeholder expectations through to completion;
- Demonstrate awareness of current modern marketing practices in relation to delivery of international web content;
- Intermediate to expert level of HTML, quality management systems, content management systems, translation workflows, Multilingual SEO, content life-cycle management, Translation Quality Management;
- Experienced user of required systems and tools, e.g., digital governance, ClayTablet, Freeway, Adobe Analytics, SDL Trados;
- Intermediate to expert level in Adobe Creative Suite and Office tools.
Qualifications and Experience
- Professionally qualified translator (preferred)
- Interest and knowledge/desire to learn the NMT (Neural Machine Translation)
- In-depth knowledge of translation management systems and workflows
- Direct experience of working with translation agencies and managing translation assets
- Proven track record in delivering international web projects
- Global content expertise with ability to apply extensive knowledge and experience to editorial, linguistics, and multi-lingual SEO in the context of international web project delivery
- Publishing experience including corporate content management, content preparation and branding compliance
- Building Relationships
- Business Ethics
- Organisational Awareness
- Planning and Organising
- Quality Assessment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.