- Redhill, England, United Kingdom Redhill England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Beaufort Group
- 28 Jun 18 2018-06-28
First established in 2004, Beaufort Investment Management is a discretionary fund management firm, with close to £1 billion of assets under management invested in over 40 model portfolios.
Beaufort’s range of actively managed and risk-graded portfolios are offered to investors via independent financial advisers who wish to enhance their clients’ returns and preserve their wealth. Advisers put their trust in the accountable, professional, knowledgeable experts in our team, which has over 100 years’ collective experience bolstered by fresh, analytical methods.
Our approach to fund management blends art and science, alongside experience and innovation. Our aim, quite simply, is to build and preserve the wealth of our investors. Further details are available on www.beaufortinvestment.co.uk .
Role Responsibilities, Principal Objectives & TCF
- This is a manager research role working with an experienced investment team. The role will involve appraising funds across a broad range of asset classes
- The role will involve an emphasis on fixed income and alternatives asset classes
- The principal objective is to help the team select and rate the best available funds for our model portfolios
- The successful candidate will actively contribute to discussion at investment meetings
- The successful candidate will follow the firm’s investment process and participate in the written recording of meetings and analysis
- The successful candidate will contribute copy to trade press as required
- The successful candidate will participate in presentations at Quarterly Investment Seminars with other members of the Investment Team
- Produce commentary for reporting requirements
- Participate in pitching for new business as required
Competencies and Behaviours Required
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with all levels of staff both internally and externally.
- Strong written and oral skills are essential. A good command of the English language and being able to express yourself in a polite and business-like manner at all times.
- A team player is key. Much of the work undertaken requires a team effort so working as part of a group is essential.
- Ability to work alone is also desirable.
- The ability to analyse problems and offer solutions.
- Self-management and motivation is essential in The Investment Team.
Planning and organising
- There are many deadlines both regulatory and internal. The ability to work to tight timeframes with changing demands is important.
Knowledge of the following highly beneficial:
- Microsoft Windows, iOS and Android Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office – Advanced use of Excel essential
- FE Analytics – Advanced use essential
- Bloomberg and other fund analysis tools would be advantageous
- PC and Laptop
- Membership to the CISI is essential and the candidate will be required to undertake annual CPD to satisfy the requirements of the body.
- Professional development in the form of further examinations is supported by the firm if relevant to the role.
- 3 years+ in a similar manager research role.
- Experience in analysing fixed income and alternative funds would be advantageous.
- Degree in a relevant subject preferable.
- IMC essential (Post RDR Level 4).
Initiative and enterprise
Initiative is a key attribute.