- Redhill, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 05 Oct 18
We are looking for a dot net developer contractor with coding skills to write quality code using C#, ASP.net, services and experience working with scanning solutions along problem solving skills to join a busy team who handle enhancements and development to application for a large number of internal customers. The candidate should ideally have 2 to 3 years of development experience for bespoke application based on the Microsoft Windows architecture (SQL, C#.Net, Angular JS etc)
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world's leading Tax Free Shopping ('TFS'), Dynamic Currency Conversion ('DCC'), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Is required to develop new change requests or fix issues that are in the current application
- They should be able to debug the existing code and find a solution to the issue within agreed SLA
- They should be able to work with less supervision
- They should be able to think the best way to implement changes requested by the business and should be able develop a bug free code
- They should be able to support users when situation raises and handle support calls if and when required
- Should be able to develop design documentation by taking requirements from management (if required)
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in working on Azure cloud technologies and also experience in migration of in-house systems to cloud Azure
- Good experience in writing bug free code using dot net in web/Windows forms using C#, Angular JS etc
- Develop Windows services & APIs using Microsoft technologies
- Experience in writing stored procedures, views and queries in SQL server 2008 R2
- At least 2 to 3yrs of experience in structured systems development environment.
- Experience providing 2nd or 3rd line application support when and where required.
- Experience in analysing systems in order to understand how to support them.
- Experience communicating with Business users of all levels through written and verbal communication.
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Experience using JIRA and confluence
- Experience in developing applications that communicate with scanners and printers to scan images and upload to cloud