Fund Research Analyst
- Reigate, England, United Kingdom Reigate England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Jul 18 2018-07-25
The role is based in Reigate, Surrey. Fundhouse is a unique, award-winning and progressive firm with broad-based employee ownership. We do fund research very differently to others and are looking for a high calibre individual to become a fund research analyst in our team. We are looking for someone who thinks scientifically and is driven by evidence, but we are flexible with the experience of the individual, and we are happy to hire both experienced and less experienced individuals as long as there is a good cultural fit with our firm. Knowledge of the UK fund market would be useful.
Fundhouse (www.fundhouse.co.uk) is based in Reigate, Surrey and is just over 10 years old. We are a successful and rapidly growing firm, providing independent investment research and consulting services to blue-chip UK corporate clients. We are looking for a driven, analytical candidate who ideally has some experience with the UK fund market, and who prefers being inside a fairly small team that thinks differently to others. The role will primarily involve evaluating existing funds and investment strategies employed by our clients. We analyse funds in a logical, evidence-driven manner, and so the candidate must be both numerate and analytically minded; and enjoy the process of discussion and challenging of opinions. An eye for detail and an ability to express their opinions clearly (both verbally and in writing) is a must.
We are happy to hire more than one candidate and are flexible on the experience that the individual has. The role will largely include:
- Working closely with founders and owners of the business to provide insight to our clients
- Evaluating funds across all asset classes within the UK fund market; our analysts do not specialise by sector
- Organising and attending meetings with fund managers to discuss and assess their funds
- Writing and updating fund research reports
- Balancing quantitative and qualitative evidence to reach a reasoned conclusion
- Taking part in our peer-review process
- Monitoring fund returns and fund positioning
- Attending conferences and events (often in London)
- Collating client reports
- Finds fulfilment in doing the right thing and is self motivated
- Analytical and sceptical
- Communicates well, likeable, easy to get on with
- Follows through on the task at hand
- Is interested in investments and fund management as an industry
- Advanced Excel is a necessity
- Writing skills (would be handy if they could write well)
About Fundhouse: Fundhouse is a leading investment adviser specialising in fund manager research and selection, and portfolio construction services. Our client base is mostly institutional and have over £16bn of clients assets under advice. Our business is 100% independent and is 10 years old. We are a progressive firm that is very different to others, by publishing our track fund selection record, offering positive and negative fund views, doing very detailed research and being regulated by the FCA. It is imperative that you can travel to Reigate, Surrey, each day.