Investments Analyst - Structured Products
Location: Reigate, England, United Kingdom
As an Analyst in the Investment Structured Products team you will help design, model, present, arrange, implement and then monitor derivative-based investment solutions, for mainly UK-domiciled pension schemes. This is both in a pure-matching capacity as well as a tailored, more efficient deployment of the growth (i.e. risk-taking, return-seeking) portfolio.
- Model and develop an understanding of cashflow liability data in order to determine interest rate and inflation-type sensitivity.
- Develop knowledge of swaps and derivatives markets in order to assist more experienced team members to design and critically evaluate different liability-based investment solutions.
- Build strong relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels.
- Deal professionally and incisively with investment banks and asset managers in order to contribute to the understanding of their execution capability and pricing keenness.
- Liaise with members of the wider Investment business and other businesses (eg Retirement, RCS) in order to gain the necessary data and understanding of the client’s needs.
- Deal with Lead consultants in order to iteratively provide a suitable solution, presented well with delivery in a timely manner.
- Support senior team members in construction and delivery of presentations to clients.
- Some work experience gained through working at another investment firm (for example another investment consultancy, asset manager) in a similar capacity
- Some liability knowledge, likely obtained through pursuit/achievement of CFA, Actuarial or Financial Engineering qualifications
- Some knowledge of traditional asset classes
- Honed working practices to deliver timely and accurate solutions, sometimes at short notice
- Team-player; able to fit seamlessly into a team of senior and more junior people all focused on delivering work of exceptional quality
- Good IT skills (especially Excel)
- Knowledge of derivatives (particularly Sterling Rates/Inflation) and investment consulting regimes in regard to UK pension schemes would be preferable but not essential.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.