I am currently working with a very good services client of ours based in West London, who are seeking a Finance Analyst to join their Corporate Finance function to manage funding transactions, act as the first point of contact to external counter-parties, and to provide business critical analysis used in high level strategic decision making.
Reporting directly into the Head of Corporate Finance, this role has been newly created due to expansion and offers a huge amount of exposure and ownership from day one.
* Develop best practices within the team in terms of developing and maintaining financial models and analytical tools to assess funding requirements, financing structures and capital allocation
* Produce regular corporate finance reports and update credit rating analysis
* Monitor and provide insight on capital market trends, transactions and competitor activities
* Assist in the evaluation, negotiation, and execution of proposed financing arrangements, such as vehicle financing, private placements, and capital market instruments
* Co-ordinate transaction and post-closing matters internally and externally, such as transaction information, due diligence, investor presentation, documentation, and funding processes
* Act as point of contact for the provision of information as necessary to other Operating Companies, Group departments, rating agencies, banks and law firms
* Work closely with internal teams to understand ongoing fleet and capital expenditure requirements
* Liaise with back office to ensure all financing instruments are properly administrated
Key relationships / interfaces
* Internal: Operating Companies and Group departments, such as Treasury, Reporting, Fleet, and Legal
* External: Global Investment Banks, International Law Firms, Credit Rating Agencies and Fixed-Income Investors.
Required skills & experience
To be a good fit for this role, you will have recently qualified with either an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification and be looking to make your first move into a corporate finance role within industry.
You will have solid technical accounting knowledge, with particular skills around Excel modelling, specifically around 3 statement modelling and discounted cashflow.
Just as importantly you will have proven people skills, be comfortable stakeholder managing people at all levels both internally and with external client, and you will have a real drive and curiosity to understand and grow within the corporate finance function.
The client has said that actually, as long as long as you've qualified and understand the core principles of corporate finance, they can teach the rest. What is more important to them is finding someone who really, genuinely wants to learn it. If that's you then please apply, or to be fast tracked, send your CV directly to me at email@example.com with the subject line 'Corporate Finance Analyst' and if your experience matches the above requirements I'll be in touch.
With a team of over 200 and growing every day, Goodman Masson is one of London’s specialist Finance and Technology recruitment businesses. Voted ‘Best Recruitment Company to Work For’ in 2018, our passion for what we do is clear.
Based in London, Düsseldorf and New York, we hold annual revenues exceeding £42 million. This includes Qualified & Part-Qualified / Transactional Finance, Actuarial & Investment Management, Audit, Banking Operations, Compliance & Financial Crime, Front Office, Housing Development, Information & Cyber Security, Technology, Digital & Data, Product Control & Valuations, Projects, Change & Transformation, Risk & Regulation, Tax and Treasury.
We also have a Solutions team who provide RPO, hybrid and volume recruitment services. Alongside this, Goodman Masson have developed an Executive Search team who focus on sourcing C-suite talent to fee earning Legal partners.