A global leading Hedge Fund is looking to improve their Cash-Equity Electronic Market Making business with an experienced C++ Software Developer who has a gift for low latency technology. The current team of 12 or so developers comes from a range of technology backgrounds but all share a common interest for cutting-edge technology that outshines their nearest competitors within the market making industry.
Given their relentless commitment to innovation they are now looking to add another developer who can help enhance current trading engine infrastructure and quantitative strategy development.
An ideal candidate will have had some experience in a similar trading environment but this is not a pre-requisite as the current team of scientists, staff engineers and trading systems experts typically look at technical talent first and business knowledge second. From a business perspective you will have a lot of exposure to strategy and will also be mandated with improving strategy monitoring and reporting tools as well as compliance and risk verification logic.
Key skills for Senior C++ Low Latency Software Developer:
- 5+ years C/C++ programming experience
- 5+ years working in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of STL/Boost a plus
- Experience with low latency, multithreaded systems desirable
- Experience with scripting tools such as Python, Bash, Shell scripts
- Systems design experience
- Object-oriented design skills. Architect experience a plus
- Ability to code in R, SAS and/or kdb beneficial
- Written & verbal communication
- Minimum of Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
Key responsibilities for Senior C++ Low Latency Software Developer:
- Improve low latency trading engine infrastructure
- Work collaboratively to improve quantitative strategy development
- Better strategy monitoring & reporting tools
- Cover market data feed decoding
- Backtesting and strategy evaluation infrastructure
- Compliance & risk verification logic
This team in particular has been one of the best performing teams for the fund globally over the past few years so now is a great time to be exploring opportunities with them.