Senior Technical Delivery Manager - Unix/Linux
- GBP60000 - GBP900000 per annum + Bonus
- Rugby, England, United Kingdom Rugby England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
Senior Cloud Service Manager.
Platform Technology is responsible for supporting the delivery of one of the core themes within the Group CIO vision and strategy - a future Private & Public Cloud capability. It's an exciting time to join this fast moving area and support the evolution of a highly customer-focused, innovative and agile service provision which allows change to be delivered quickly and efficiently.
As part of Group CIO, Platform Technology will be the primary agent for creating and then managing a future Cloud capability and the associated eco-system of future service partners.
Within Platform Technology, the Senior Cloud Service Manager is the delivery owner accountable for the end-to-end business service of the Cloud Platform with specific focus on the Unix/Linux infrastructure components. They are the Bank's primary operational (day-day) contact with the infrastructure platform service provider (internal LBG and/or 3rd party partner) for the Cloud service, responsible for providing effective leadership for the business, maximizing the outputs and quality of this critical IT capability to meet the needs of our customers. The role requires the ability to inspire, drive and develop a large virtual network of Bank and/or Partner IT professionals and maximize the potential of people, teams and systems to achieve efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
As Senior Cloud Service Manager You'll:
* Deliver services to agreed service levels and costs across cloud delivery models (private, public, hybrid), cloud services (IaaS and PaaS) and technology platforms.
* Provide appropriate reporting in accordance with formal governance models.
* Govern and control the end to end service provision and support all core functional disciplines.
* Ensure the service offering remains secure and compliant to Bank policies and standards.
* Ensure adherence to relevant risk / audit policies and frameworks; and identify, complete, escalate and mitigate as appropriate.
* Proactively influence the LBG cloud architectural direction, ensuring that services and solutions meet the changing needs of the various cloud service consumer groups
* Influence, understand and plan the utilisation and consumption model of the service.
* In conjunction with the wider Platform Technology Team, influence the internal cloud front door engagement process and service broker capability
* Direct and lead the engagement with CIO / value streams, application and project teams regarding project, service and exploitation of cloud technologies
* Drive the service offering to ensure it can be accommodating and respond rapidly to new cloud service requirements
* Own and manage the Cloud Service backlog and deployment methods which protect service, meet governance rigor and keeps pace with delivery output
* Ensure programme / project teams have on-going support throughout development and into live operations
* Drive maximum value from the suppliers in terms of both service and cost at a measured risk profile.
* Deliver year-on-year performance improvements and ensure delivery-to-plan/budget
* Deliver process re-engineering and transformation across Group IT in support of Cloud technologies
* Ensure the platforms deliver a dynamic framework to support multiple programming languages for enterprise and consumer mobile / web application.
* Understand and influence the design and delivery of cloud service patterns, including the creation and maintenance of design pattern catalogues, packaging, automation and workflows
* Support and own where appropriate, the design and implementation of technologies / processes for the automation and orchestration of cloud infrastructure to support the LBG cloud service portfolio
* Drive year on year improvements in the effectiveness and efficiency of the platform, governance and service assurance models.
* Provide guidance and education to all consumers in relation to the required behaviours and expectations of the service.
We'll need you to have:
* Proven experience in managing the operational delivery and governance of managed services, including some understanding of cloud service delivery in large, complex organisations (ideally in the financial services sector)
* Deep knowledge and experience in managing infrastructure service
* Proven ability to develop and implement transformational change (structure, process and service) in a financial services environment
* Deep knowledge of current and emerging IT landscapes
In return we offer a market leading benefits package, the chance to develop and build your career and a truly flexible working environment.
So if you have the skills and experience we are looking for we welcome your application.