- Saint Helier, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 13 Sep 17
Credit Operations Officer
- Location: Saint Helier, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.* The processing of new business applications for both Retail and Private Bank clients from approval to drawdown and renewals of expiring facilities from approval to drawdown.
* Ensuring that all facility documentation is sent out complete and correct to potential borrowers or sales/relationship managers remotely.
* Managing the release of legal charges that the bank has taken over properties held as bank security by way of ensuring the sealing of DS1/DS2 (Land Registry release) forms.
- Running and dealing with all daily reports and managing all breached facilities, any collateral shortfalls through margin calling and delinquent facilities as per the DOI.
- Managing the credit operations part of the Early Alert process.
- The processing of all closures relating to loan facilities.
- The processing of monthly direct debit collections for mortgage repayments.
- Main point of contact for RM's and Support for any credit related enquiries
* Participation in AML/CDD and Sanctions awareness training to develop a thorough understanding of the key components in preventing money laundering, terrorist financing and sanction breaches.
* Maintain an ongoing awareness and consideration of AML "Red Flags" of suspicious activity in order to determine when it is appropriate to raise a suspicious activity report with the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
* Liaising with lawyers in order to obtain quotes for acting on the bank's behalf and formally instructing one of the firm of lawyers to proceed with that work.
* Liaising with industry professionals ie,Banks, Trust Companies, Insurance Brokers, Investment Advisors, Management/Letting Agents etc in order for the Bank to be in a position to drawdown a loan.
* Liaising with valuers in order to obtain quotes for valuing a property and formally commissioning valuers to undertake property valuations for the bank.
- Be a point of reference for sales/relationship managers and other staff where necessary for general queries as to loan status from any loan renewals and expired facilities.
* Drawing loan facilities and setting up credit facilities within Globus.
* Inputting and authorising credit related transactions in Globus, ie rate revisions for fixed loans.
* Review of facility documentation and producing lodgement notices from the Credit and Treasury Documentation Database in preparation for filing in the Bank's vault.
* Closing down all loan facilities along with managing the withdrawing of all related facility documentation entries from the Credit and Treasury Documentation Database and from the Bank's vault.
* Managing the release of legal charges that the Bank has taken over properties held as Bank security by way of ensuring the sealing of DS1/DS2 (Land Registry release) forms, forwarding any legal documentation held as security, ie title deeds and documents to the bank's lawyers.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Processing the issuing, renewing or closure of any outward or inward guarantees/SBLC's that are in place.
* Running all daily reports and managing all breached facilities, any collateral shortfalls through margin calling and delinquent facilities by contact with sales advisors/relationship managers and the issuing of margin call letters.
* Issuing chaser letters, reservation of rights letters and passing letter fees/unauthorised overdraft fees as part of the delinquency process.
* Processing all monthly direct debit collections to Ceridian and passing subsequent entries later in the month.
* Issuing direct debit amendment letters due to rate changes to all relevant clients.
* Approving any release of assets from a collateral portfolio where those assets are currently being held by the Bank as security for a loan.
* Managing the PCC's, KRI and LKRI returns that are in place for the Department.
* Manage the Department's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Escalate issues of risk, process, product and compliance through manager where necessary.
- Adhere to all Compliance Policies, Group Credit Policies and Product Development Documents.
- Adhere to internal procedures and policies ensuring all legal, ethical and regulatory requirements are understood and maintained.
- Recommend improvements in operational processes, procedures and products based on client and sales feedback to ensure constant enhancement of service levels and efficiency
- Strive to personally develop skills, knowledge and experience whilst ensuring that ongoing requirements are met to maintain standards for the role.
- Be aware of personal responsibility in respect of all Group and local policies and procedures, with particular attention to responsibility for meeting compliance requirements (and specifically KYC and AML requirements).
- Assist and provide holiday cover where necessary for any other tasks undertaken within the Department.
Qualifications and Skills
- Turnaround times for any credit documents to be within agreed timeframes.
- Processing of BCAs to agreed timeframes.
- Adherence to deadlines for all Key Control Standards.
- Adherence to the agreed Service Level Agreements with all internal/external stakeholders.
- Daily reports completed within timelines.
- Operational Losses
- Working Relationships
- Reporting to Manager of Credit Operations.
- Work closely with sales/relationship managers, product/marketing, customer service officers, regional managers, remote teams, operations and credit risk.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 23/09/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.