Deputy Head of CI CAFC & Head of Jersey CAFC - Other job functions Jersey - Great Britain
Description of the business line or department
The key objective of the Compliance team within SG Kleinwort Hambros ("SGKH") is to assess the conformity of internal codes of conduct, policies or internal procedures with legal obligations and best practices applicable to the SGKHCI Group. Summary Head of CAFC Jersey
Deputy Head of Compliance, AML & Financial Crime, Channel Islands
- To oversee and manage the Jersey CAFC team on a daily basis.
- To provide support to the Head of CI CAFC to ensure that the team in Jersey are operating effectively.
- To assist the Head of CI CAFC to ensure that appropriate compliance resources are in place across the Channel Islands
- To provide or oversee the provision of regular reports to line, functional and local executive management concerning the compliance by SG Kleinwort Hambros Bank (CI) Limited and its subsidiaries (collectively "SGKHCI") with regulatory and legislative requirements and SGKHG policy.
- To assist the Head of CI CAFC, when required, to act as ultimate advisor and arbiter with regards to CI compliance matters
- To assist the SGKHG Head of AML Financial Crime and Head of Compliance harmonise the Compliance function across the SGKHG
- To work together with the other SGKHG control functions to build and maintain a comprehensive and effective risk management and control framework across the SGPBHG.
- To help the SGHCI CEO maintain SGKHCI's positive relationship with the JFSC and the GFSC
- Form part of the CAFC function that will provide representation on all projects across the SGKBHG lines of businesses, functions and jurisdictions in order to obtain reasonable assurance that the project implementation is in line with the relevant laws, regulations, codes and SG/SGKHG standards within Regulatory Compliance.
- Provide guidance, when required, of new account files to ensure client take-on procedures are being met.
- Foster a positive culture of compliance by working proactively with the various business lines to ensure that best practices are followed in accordance with the applicable laws, rules, regulations, and internal policy.
- Serve as a team point of contact and provide compliance support across business line/global function/SG PRIV HO, and to applicable CAFC functions.
- Work with Senior Management and project stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation of projects/Group policies.
- Assist on new and or revised business strategies, initiatives, and projects, which may include assisting businesses in assessing the risks associated with new/revised strategies and recommending and or assessing mitigation efforts to reduce risk exposure.
- Assist as required in advising business units on the development of action plans to implement new or changed requirements. Action plans may include the development of or changes to existing training materials, policies, procedures, system, and other controls, monitoring/testing processes, and reporting.
- Support SGKHCI CAFC Team Senior Management in ensuring all reporting and ad hoc information request from SG Group are completed within timelines.
- Support the monitoring of regulatory development and engagement trends and provide updates and reporting as appropriate / required.
- Liaise with the relevant Internal Audit, and with control functions (e.g., Finance, Credit, HR, COO Office, Tax and InfoSec etc), in relation to compliance matters including the provision of technical support and guidance when required.
- Support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of SGKHG and its customers.
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of SGKHG and market best practice.
- Communicate and adhere to SGKH policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a CAFC management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels.
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of CAFC policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Escalating any identified potential weaknesses in the current systems and controls within SGKHG
Level of autonomy and authority
- Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGKH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships
The role has complete authority to make decisions on behalf of the CI CAFC team.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Competencies and work experience
- Individual contributor competencies as defined in the SG Leadership Model
- Experience in Private Banking/Wealth Management
- Team Spirit & Collaboration
- Knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements with respect to economic sanctions
- Knowledge & experience of providing guidance on sanctions to staff / management
- Communication - written & verbal to all levels of the organisation (inc Head Office) and to external third parties including regulators
- Decision Making - consider & recommend escalation to Head Office, regulators and relevant government agencies
- Influencing -persuade and influence management and staff across SGHUK
- Project Management - participate and where necessary lead/manage
- Strategic & Commercial Awareness - develop and apply commercial awareness and business acumen in all day to day and longer term tasks
- Educated to tertiary level
- Compliance or AML qualification
- Minimum of 10 years Private Wealth Management experience and 5 years Compliance/AML Experience
Preference for a French speaker Evolution
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Job code: 19000JEL
Business unit: Kleinwort Hambros
Starting date: 02/09/2019
Date of publication: 05/07/2019