Head CDD Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Purpose
The Head of CDD Ops is to provide expertise on all AML CDD processes and practices and ensure that they are in line with Group Standards. Liaise with all key stakeholders in implementing a robust operational and execution excellence.
The Role Responsibilities
People and Talent
- Develops and manages a sustainable and scalable CDD operations capability.
- Accountable for implementation and continued compliance with relevant laws and regulations (including changing AML regulations), policies, procedures and risk control requirements through application of consistent group practices.
- Directs and executes activity within country CDD operations and maintains oversight end to end over all AML CDD processes and practices.
- Trains and provides business process and operational expertise and guidance to in- country teams in relation to understanding end to end AML CDD processes and their connectivity to Retail Clients AML CDD policy and procedure standards that impact their day-to-day business activities.
- Leads implementation of policies and procedures end to end for the country ensuring consistency with global Group standards and ensures these are, and remain, firmly embedded.
- Works closely with project teams/stakeholders to drive projects/initiatives related to the AML CDD space to ensure successful and timely delivery.
- Assures AML CDD risk management through testing of AML related BKCSAs ensures compilation, review and distribution of M.I, reports and escalates exceptions and tracks to closure.
- Partners and actively collaborates with all relevant stakeholders across the AML/ CDD functional and advisory space to build robust and sustainable operational and execution excellence.
- As a key stakeholder, reviews and influences country policy dispensation requests.
- Assist Retail Clients business management to ensure internal resources, systems, procedures and controls are in place, documented and operating effectively to prevent and mitigate money laundering risk.
- Ensure close working relationship with the UORMs and clear delineation of duties and responsibilities among various parties.
- Ensure implementation of an effective governance framework to monitor and manage AML/CDD/Sanctions/FATCA risks; this may include establishment and management of Working Groups & Regional/Country Project Steering Groups.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team and work in collaboration with all risk and control partners to embed a culture of risk balanced growth.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans to ensure CDD function is aligned to the growth expectations of the Jersey business.Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Ensure all AML/CDD-related risks and issues across Retail are highlighted, tracked and resolved in appropriate risk committees as appropriate (currently Country and Regional AML/Sanctions CDD PSGs).
- Provide an oversight of governance, guidance and best practice sharing across Retail Franchise through governance forums/committees (currently Country AML/Sanctions PSG and CFCRC).
- Conduct monthly Country AML/Sanctions PSGs to provide oversight to regional management and track execution status of Group projects.
- Review Country MI and present MI findings as well as raise any issues and risks to monthly Regional AML/Sanctions PSGs.
- Review regional MI and represent region at AML/Sanctions Sub-committee of Group Retail Banking PSC.
- Responsible to ensure that key stakeholders and governance committee/forums are kept up to date on key issues, resolution plans and overall progress on initiatives.
- Provide guidance to CDD Ops team to resolve CDD-related issues and risk arising from BAU activities, audits, risk reviews, etc.
- Provide an oversight (drive and accountability) for country-wide CDD initiatives.
- Review and provide feedback on AML and CDD controls for new/existing products and services. Also drive standardization of Processes /DOIs in the country (e.g. Periodic and Trigger Reviews, PEP Process).
- Provide functional linkage between Group and country for CDD related working groups and initiatives by contributing in designing and development of new capabilities, TOM and processes.
- Train and provide business process and operational expertise and guidance to country team in relation to understanding end-to-end AML CDD processes and their connectivity to Retail Banking AML/CDD policy and procedure standards.
- Assure AML/CDD risk management through AML related CSTs.
- Ensure compilation, review and distribution of MI reports and escalate exceptions and tracks to closure.
- Partner and actively collaborate with all relevant stakeholders across the AML CDD functional and advisory space to build robust and sustainable operational and execution excellence.
- Provide support and guidance in execution of FATCA related activities.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Assures AML CDD risk management through oversight and testing of AML related BKCSAs and ensures material risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported / escalated in accordance with the bank's Risk Management Framework.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Jersey Retail Bank to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Financial Crime Compliance.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country CEO and Country Management Team
- Retail Banking Head
- Group Retail Banking AML CDD Office
- Country CEPG office
- Country, Regional and Group Functions, e.g. Compliance, Credit Risk, FCC and OR Teams
- Regulatory and Governmental bodies as appropriate
Our Ideal Candidate
- Adhere to and Role Model the Group Values.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Work effectively across SCB, using values behaviours to drive overall business growth.
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- Relevant experience of working within a financial environment and experience in client due diligence.
- Should possess, or be working towards, as a minimum ICA advanced certificate (AML/Compliance/CDD) or Level 4 qualification.
- Understanding of AML CDD Risk across the client life cycle.
- Knowledge of all banking products, branch banking, and operations and a working knowledge of technology, including core banking and interface systems.
- Experience in a process management / quality assurance / risk management / credit operations / credit product management / credit admin functions would be desirable.
- Good understanding of the end to end impact of processes, across customer experience, risk, frontline effectiveness & costs.
- Excellent communication skills necessary for dealing with multiple stakeholders across jurisdictions.
- Self-motivated and capable of prioritising workloads as required.
- Work in a methodical and structured way and are able to maintain high levels of accuracy even with significant increases in task volumes.
- Detail focused and able to easily identify deviations from agreed process or policy.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.