Relationship Manager- Priority International Banking, Africa.S
- Saint Helier, Channel Islands, United Kingdom Saint Helier Channel Islands GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Acquire new International client relationships and deepen existing relationships through effective relationship management giving special focus to the personal wealth management needs and objectives of existing and prospective Standard Chartered Bank International clients. The role is to service existing clients in their banking and investment needs; advise clients and showcase our range of investment and lending products. In addition the role is to grow our client base by developing a prospect list and actively seeking new clients through branch referrals, client referrals, Wholesale Bank referrals and third party referrals. Planning, developing and supporting the business towards achieving sound profitable growth through the achievement of revenue & Assets Under Management (AUMs) targets and delivery of quality service.
· Through referrals, leads and contacts from within Standard Chartered Group and beyond generate new business through actively advising on the Bank's products and services to existing and new client base, within the area, in an efficient and "client friendly" manner to ensure revenue and growth targets are achieved.
· Utilising analysis to build and deepen existing relationships with existing clients in order to increase 'share of wallet'.
· Use own FX/Banking/Investments/Credit expertise as well as Bank product specialists to advise clients in these areas and develop investment management expertise.
· Adhere to internal procedures and policies ensuring all legal, ethical and regulatory requirements are understood and maintained.
· Keep up to date with new developments in banking, financial and investment products and services ensuring that certification and licensing requirements for the role of International relationship manager are met, and maintained.
· Responsible for ensuring compliant with JFSC requirements by conducting CDD reviews and ensuring KYC is up to date.
· To ensure all the Bank's anti money laundering policies and procedures are being followed. Report all suspicious transactions in accordance with SCB's anti-money laundering procedures.
· Be aware of all relevant information concerning a client when interacting particularly KYC, Pep, SAR and risk status.
· Travel to the market to meet clients 3/4 times a year, build internal stakeholder relationships within region
Our Ideal Candidate
· Minimum of 3 years sales experience, preferably gained in the banking and financial services industry e.g. bank or investment office, fund manager, private banker etc. and be able to demonstrate a proven sales track record.
· Be willing to travel on bank business.
· Understand FX and money markets including derivative instruments.
· Understand Multi-currency securities portfolio
· Understand Commercial (e.g. trade finance, guarantees) and personal banking in so far as they relate to client requirements
· Have an understanding of credit/lending processes.
· Assimilates new ideas and products quickly
· 'Relationship' building skills - internal and external; good focused, purposeful social skills with people at a variety of levels and degrees of familiarity
· Sensitive and able to adapt to differing situations/cultures/levels
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to work under pressure and within tight timeframes
· Good problem-solving skills and able to deal with complex client instructions via a variety of channels
Minimum Level 4 RFA (RDR) qualified and willingness to work towards a further qualification if required.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.