Senior Administrator Card Services - Jersey
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different Mission
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUSINESS LINE OR DEPARTMENT
The purpose of Operations is to support Kleinwort Hambros's (KH's) strategic objectives of being a best in class client support (cost and service) unit fully leveraging the capabilities of Kleinwort Hambros's service provider, FNZ and to maintain a client support function within Kleinwort Hambros that exceeds the requirements and expectations of the business, its clients and stakeholders. Operations is the fulcrum of Kleinwort Hambros sitting between the Front Office Sales force (PWM), Market facing services provided under a BPO MSA mandate with FNZ. It will also ensure a consistency of service provision to our client base across all relevant areas of activity.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Banking Operations is responsible for providing all aspects of Banking support for internal and external clients of KHCIL & KHBL across T24 / OBS, meeting strict deadlines. This includes:
• Authorisation of outward client payments to include SWIFT, CHAPS BACs and Faster Payments
• Input and authorisation of all inward client receipts
• Investigation of breaks in payments and queries resolution
• Issue bank drafts / cheques
• Processing of clearing items
• Visa Settlement
• Stat collation and distribution
• Responsible for providing all aspects of support for Banking Operations.
• Check accuracy of all items input over the banks systems and authorise within specific monetary limits and ensure all necessary audit procedures have been complied with.
• Check and review own work for completeness and accuracy, identifying and correcting any discrepancies or errors.
• Provide support to colleagues, sharing information and offering assistance when needed within the team.
• Assist as required in the preparation and production of non-routine reports, letters and documents, undertaking research data and collection.
• Investigate complaints, queries and problems from internal and external customers and suppliers, digging deeper to understand the underlying issues and acting to ensure they are appropriately addressed.
• Identify issues and problems with data, service quality, internal processes and procedures, recommending improvements and seeking approval for action.
• Ensure adherence to KHCIL / KHBL Internal controls standards, systems and procedures that appropriate standards are maintained in all aspects of operational risk and compliance which are endorsed by subsequent audits.
• Assist with review of processes, procedures and systems, in conjunction with the team to ensure that opportunities for improvement are recognised and acted upon and changing customer needs are met.
• Monitor nostro and suspense accounts and investigate any differences ensuring breaks and no breaches incurred.
• To understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policies including, relevant Group Compliance policies.
• Communicate with wider business to ensure standard settlement instructions and bank details for receipt of payments are up to date and in use, minimising unapplied funds
• To work with FNZ to improve straight through processing of payments and minimise payment breaks.
• Support the Investigation of complaints, queries and problems from internal and external customers to understand the underlying issues and acting to ensure they are appropriately addressed. Profile
COMPETENCIES AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Customer Focus
• Team player
• Negotiation skills
• Organised and time-focussed
Education/Professional Qualifications required or desirable
• Highly numerate and enthusiastic
• Technical system process knowledge to enable efficient and timely processing
• Product knowledge, in particular Banking
• Able to recognise deadlines and plan daily workload
• Worked in a similar position in a complex financial services organisation, for at least 3 years
• Experience of working in a structure which utilises complex vendor arrangements
• Wealth management experience of 2-3 years plus
• Previous middle or back office experience
• Proven banking experience
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.