Trust Administrator - Other job functions Jersey - Great Britain
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The purpose of the Assistant Trust Officer role is to provide routine administration of trusts and companies, ensuring that the operational standards and controls are complied with. Key responsibilities Trust Management:
Profile Required Competencies and work experience
- Assist in the development of working relationships with clients, intermediaries and internal contacts to maximise client retention;
- Working with a trust officer to manage a mixed portfolio of company and trust structures;
- Maintain the highest level of trust and company administration in order to minimise business risk and to adhere to a culture of compliance with policies, appropriate risk management, and use the principle of treating customers fairly (TCF) where applicable, i.e. when dealing with enquiries or complaints;
- Ensure individual financial and non-financial targets are met in order to maintain a sustainable fiduciary business;
- Demonstrate an understanding of fiduciary responsibility in order to protect the client, yourself, the team and the business;
- Support a culture upholding the Kleinwort Hambros values;
- Prepare minutes and resolutions as required.
- Contribute and achieve personal and team targets reviewing at monthly intervals throughout the year with line manager
- Work within team to help identify areas for improvement;
- Support team and act as back up where required.
- Develop and sustain a broad technical knowledge across products and services of the Bank to ensure business is supported;
- Update personal knowledge of intermediary/wealth management market, ensuring that the reputation of Kleinwort Hambros is upheld to the highest level possible in terms of compliance and reputation internally and externally and to give continuous consideration to treating customers fairly.
- Attend client meetings as required and maintain full, accurate files/notes of all meetings/calls/conversations using KH systems to store.
- Good understanding of the relevant laws of the local jurisdiction
- Understand the basic features of the different types of investment product
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Good numeracy skills and ability to understand routine documents
- Ability to deal with conflicting demands under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills
- Knowledge of business procedures, standards, policies and procedures
No previous experience required. Desirable:
ICSA/ACCA/ACA Why Join Us
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment Business Insight
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000NUH
Business unit: Kleinwort Hambros
Starting date: 04/11/2019
Date of publication: 09/10/2019