Head of Mainframe Compute Security
Head of Mainframe Compute Security Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking an experienced Head of Mainframe Compute Security to join HSBC Technology.
In this role you will:
Deliver and maintain the zSeries Security Framework. This includes:
Qualifications What you will bring to the role;
- Own & maintain zSeries Security Standards.
- Define & maintain Cybersecurity control requirements for the zSeries security domain in standards and procedures
- Report on compliance to standards and procedures
- Drive remediation of control failures
- Define and manage zSeries security projects and processes
- Driving security excellence within the domain.
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise to the organization.
- Lead the zSeries Security team in all of the above.
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Good Project Management skills and proven track record in delivering change.
- Deep knowledge of subject matter, specifically in relation to Mainframe Security - IBM zSeries
- Knowledge of Vanguard Security product suite or similar.
- Excellent leadership and team builing skills
- Excellent communication, influencing skills, interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to think creatively to deliver innovative solutions
- Ability to build connections and work collaboratively across boundaries
- Ability to engage others and work work autoniously
The base location for this role will be Sheffield.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Recruitment Helpdesk
Telephone: +44 2078328500