Quantitative Data Analyst
- Sheffield, England, United Kingdom Sheffield England GB
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 17 May 18 2018-05-17
We are looking for an experienced Quantitative Data Analyst. HSBC has setup a Global Data Organisation structure in recognition of the importance of effective data acquisition, management and usage in the achievement of its global business strategy. The Global Data Organisation is also responsible for coordinating HSBC's compliance with the Group Data Management FIM Policy as well as key data related regulatory requirements such as BCBS 239, Section 166, IFRS 9, etc. The Global Data Organisation includes the Chief Data Officers in each Global Business and Global Function, and Risk and Finance have set up a data programme and organisation as part of the Group's activities in this area.
Please note this is not a technical role and you will not be building databases
- Good understanding of the business activities for a large global banking group with diverse operations from retail banking, wealth management, commercial banking, global banking, investments, transaction services, asset management, private banking and insurance.
- Familiarity with AML issues and transaction monitoring systems.
- Proven ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings both to Compliance Colleagues and Business Heads
- Proficiency in (Python, R, Scala, JAVA, SQL), Open source technologies.
- Hadoop (Hive, Pig, Ambari, etc.), SPARK
- Experience in - integrated development environment (IDE).
- Experience in Functional programming
- Detail-orientated , strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in responding to Audit and governance / documentation.
- AML Compliance specific experience preferred
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a numerate or computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Advanced statistical methods/functions
- Supervised Learning: Regression Analysis, Generalized Linear Model, Decision Trees, SVM, etc.
- Experience in Google analytics, AWS
- Strong analytical skills with complex data type and format Clustering: K-means, Hierarchical clustering, etc.
- Data Modelling experience
- Experience in any Visual Analytics tools and concepts e.g SAS VA, Tableau, Qlikview, Platfora.
- Takes pride in working to a high standard, and thrives within a changing environment, showing initiative and drive
- Knowledge of SAS, Qlickview or Spot Fire would be an advantage
- Understanding business requirements and ability to convert these into positive systems changes