Actuarial and Financial Risk Specialist
As our Actuarial Risk Specialist your purpose will be to support the identification, quantification and management of the actuarial and financial risk profile of the Quilter group as well as monitoring the operation of a robust actuarial and financial risk control infrastructure.
Actuarial risk covers risk of inaccurate or inappropriate actuarial valuations, pricing decisions or actuarial advice. This could be due to errors or weaknesses in data, assumptions, methodologies or models used in actuarial work within the business. Financial risk covers risk of loss or exposure outside risk appetite in respect of credit risk, market risk or liquidity risk. About us
The Quilter Group is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management, with a portfolio of £118.7 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers worldwide (as at October 2019). Our focus is on creating prosperity for the generations of today and tomorrow by providing financial solutions for investors around the globe, and we operate primarily in two main segments - Advice & Wealth Management and Wealth Platforms. You won't just find diverse, talented and friendly teams here. You'll also discover an inclusive culture and every opportunity for personal and professional development. About the role
Some of the key responsibilities and scope of the role are outlined below:
- Support the Head of Actuarial and Financial Risk in the delivery across the Group of a framework for the quantification and validation of Quilter's actuarial and financial risks, and support the reporting of the assessment of Quilter's capital requirements, and in delivering these services, provide technical insights on actuarial and financial risks.
- Support the oversight of entity and group level capital targets.
- Support the provision of second line review of quarterly regulatory reporting for the Quilter group, CRD VI prudential consolidation group and insurance entities.
- Support the Chief Actuary and Head of Actuarial and Financial Risk in discharging the responsibilities of the regulated Actuarial Function
- Communicate the purpose and strategy of the Risk team and the actuarial and financial risk management framework effectively to stakeholders, Quilter central functions and the individual Businesses.
- Support the Head of Actuarial Risk in providing actuarial input into the production of external reports (e.g. annual Report and Accounts, analysts' presentation etc.).