Compliance Monitoring Officer
Here at Quilter Plc, we are looking for a Compliance Monitoring Officer.
As a Compliance Monitoring Officer in our newly created Group Compliance Monitoring team, we will be looking for you to primarily conduct monitoring reviews across our Quilter Wealth Solutions or Quilter Financial Planning business units but with the potential to also get involved in reviews that cover other parts of Quilter plc.
We are particularly interested to hear from candidates with some background in financial planning.
As a multi-site organisation the role will include up to 20% travel within the UK. About us
The Quilter Group is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management, with a portfolio of £118.7 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers worldwide (as at October 2019). Our focus is on creating prosperity for the generations of today and tomorrow by providing financial solutions for investors around the globe, and we operate primarily in two main segments - Advice & Wealth Management and Wealth Platforms. You won't just find diverse, talented and friendly teams here. You'll also discover an inclusive culture and every opportunity for personal and professional development. About the role
Some of the key responsibilities and scope of the role are outlined below:
- Maintain excellent regulatory and operational knowledge, relevant to their regulated entity coverage (QWS/QFP), with the ability to support monitoring work in other regulated businesses and central functions, as required.
- Deputise for the Compliance Monitoring Manager when required (i.e presenting findings at local Governance Forums).
- Deliver assigned monitoring reviews, either at an individual or multiple regulated entity level, to a high standard and to agreed timescales. This may include leading other monitoring officers who are assisting in more complex reviews.
- Plan and prioritise time to ensure timely delivery of individual reviews and contribute to the achievement of the overall team annual plan.
- Develop Terms of Reference/Scope documents for reviews assigned, undertaking fact finding to identify key risks and controls for inclusion and build, and then complete, an appropriate testing schedule aligned to those risks/controls. Escalate immediately any material concerns arising during testing.
- Ensure completeness of evidence gathered and record keeping associated from testing, on which findings and conclusions are clearly based.
- Present review findings, in a clear and concise manner, to key 1st line stakeholders and management as well as 2nd line Chief Risk Officers. Effectively resolve any objections or challenges, or escalate these where necessary.