The Workday Finance Support Specialist provides subject matter expertise to ensure that solution operates effectively. The role is responsible for supporting Finance users in system functionality and/or trouble shooting, system analysis, supporting system design, assisting with user-testing and documenting business processes / procedures in partnership with the Finance function
Quilter is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management in the UK and internationally. Managing over £100 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers, we operate in one of the largest wealth markets in the world – and one that is growing.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.
About the Role
Supporting Workday for Finance
- Serve as a strong consultative partner to Finance leadership in service delivery
- Act as primary point of contact to monitor and triage Finance IT issues - initial triage, propose options, implement fix
- Lead effort in tracking issues and resolutions; identify situations requiring urgent attention
- Identify solutions to issues arising using knowledge of best practice, and available resources such as Workday Community, where needed
- Provides support during office and out of hours for key BAU cycles and assigned projects / tasks as required
- Assists project / change teams with ad-hoc work as required
Develop & document best practice
- Promote best practice use of Workday across the Finance function, and challenge where this is not being followed
- Create, maintain and communicate procedural guides and knowledge base articles for team and customer use
- Establish root cause of issues identified and ensure documentation is updated and knowledge shared across the team
- Develop a knowledge-based directory in order to triage issues more effectively
- Develop and maintains documentation of system configuration and operational procedures
- Partner with Finance to understand new technology scope and its alignment with any new functionality and security
- Develop and maintains awareness of divisional and data security and complies with policies and procedures
Application support & maintenance
- Maintain system configuration, including cost centres & consolidations etc.
- Maintain master data values in Workday (ex: companies, cost codes, suppliers, etc)
- Implement, test and validate Business Process changes, custom validations, condition rules, approval routing and delegation rules in Workday
- Support execution of integrations to other applications including manual integrations which will be federated out across Finance
- Impact assessment of Workday BAU Releases, supports Finance in understanding how the changes will impact Business Processes
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Direct experience of working in a similar role, supporting Workday Finance
- Excellent knowledge of Finance processes, systems and data flows.
- Experience of working within a Finance function preferred.
- Demonstrable technical aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Knowledge of managed systems and working with third party support.
- Good stakeholder management and the ability to understand business issues and explain technical solution in simple terms Supporting business users to explore small change requests and resolve BAU issues.
- Work experience with Workday (essential)
- Workday Pro certification (desired)
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Effectively manages change and initiates new and improved ways of working which positively impact our customers.
- Communicates with clarity and impact; demonstrates excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Objectively and systematically analyses problems and risks in order to develop appropriate solutions.
- Agile – makes decisions within remit and executes in fast, simple and focused way.
- Collaborates effectively with stakeholders and colleagues to positively impact results and deliver effective customer outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, colleagues and suppliers.
- Ability to successfully influence, persuade and challenge stakeholders.
- Strong leadership capability, engaging, motivating, coaching and developing individuals to meet their career goals and those of the organisation.
- Builds organisation capability, leading, championing and investing in own and the team's technical skills development, looking outwardly to keep up to date with technology advances and utilising knowledge to deliver new and innovative solutions to our customers.
- Maintains focus and drive for results operating calmly in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrates credibility, professionalism and strong personal integrity and acts as a role model for the Quilter values – Pioneering, Dependable, Stronger Together.
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.