About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The candidate is expected to operate under general supervision as part of the Client Due Diligence “CDD” team.
The role requires serving Northern Trust clients and investors some of which are large and/or complex and the candidate will be expected to be involved in department projects. An in-depth knowledge of CDD and Guernsey regulatory requirements would be beneficial.
The candidate will be responsible for on-boarding new investors as well as reviewing existing CDD held on file following internal Anti-Money Laundering policies and procedures.
Demonstrates excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgment skills.
The key responsibilities of the role includes:
• Managing own daily workflow within the team
• Risk rating all investors within the group of funds allocated to this role
• Following all checklists accurately, identifying and verifying all investors in accordance with Guernsey regulations
• Ensuring investor queries are dealt with efficiently
• Sharing knowledge and expertise, efficiently and professionally
• Ensuring that anti-money laundering and CDD procedures are strictly adhered to and updated when necessary
• Ensuring that all investor correspondence is accurate, reviewed then sent out in timely and professional manner
• Promoting commitment to the provision of an innovative and high quality service to clients
• Adhering to 100 % accuracy rate in client, risk, compliance reporting
• Ensuring receipt of original documentation and accurate filing of same
• Assisting with the new business / client take on and ensuring a smooth operational roll out
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Accurate with attention to detail
• Customer Service
• Good product / Service Knowledge
• Excellent Communication skill both written and verbal – essential for client servicing
• Adherence to standards and procedures
• Compliance / Regulatory monitoring / KYC / AML knowledge
• Problem solving
• Promotion of best practices
• Knowledge of fund administration business ( or similar Banking / Custody)
• Able to work on own initiative
• Build and maintain internal and external network of contacts
• Good working knowledge of systems ( Excel, Word, Adobe)
• Technical, analytical and problem solving
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.