• To deliver high quality accounting services for a multi-billion dollar book of fiduciary clients within the Financial Reporting team, preparing financial statements for a portfolio of client entities in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
• Work with management to oversee the allocation of the fiduciary client book and the target dates for completion, monitors activity to ensure timely and accurate completion of work and to maximise the efficiency of the team.
• Participation in large and/or complex accountancy/financial projects and provision of support to wider projects.
• Maintenance of accounting system records, including bank reconciliations and accruals accounting.
• Preparation of financial reporting for client entities including Trusts and Companies, in accordance with best practice, relevant reporting standards and professional and regulatory requirements and on a timely basis.
• Liaison with relationship and account managers to ensure all key accounting activity has been captured and accounted for appropriately in accord with FRS102 / IFRS or relevant accounting standards.
• Coordination of the audit process (if necessary)
• Coaching junior client accountants in the preparation of trust/company accounts, including review of accounts produced.
• Monitor activity to ensure timely and accurate completion of the work and provide summarized feedback to Management via KPIs
• Provide on the job technical training for all team members
• Generate process and system enhancement ideas and co-ordinate the introduction of these with the business analyst, complete with supporting documented procedures
• Ability to operate independently with in-depth knowledge of business unit/function
• Participation in large and/or complex accountancy/financial projects
• As subject area expert provide comprehensive, training and support to team and partners at a high technical level
• Carry out activities that are large in scope, cross functional and technically difficult
• Maintain an understanding of relevant Trust and Company Law as it affects entities within the client book, and the requirements of good corporate governance and apply to daily activity
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office & Viewpoint
• Develop and enhance reporting capabilities from principal accounting
• Accounting & Regulatory Updates - ongoing, Book-keeping
• FRS102 / IFRS
• Knowledge of Guernsey Trust and Company Law
• Knowledge of Sharepoint and NT Passport
• Relevant proven work experience in Guernsey Trust/Company field
• Accounts preparation experience for local Trust / Companies
• Technical, analytical and problem solving
• Self-motivated, flexible and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision
• Highly organised, able to multi task, prioritize, manage deadlines
• Leadership and organisation to prioritize work, provide feedback and escalate issues
• Client Focused
• Excellence in Execution
• Effective Communication
• Personal Courage
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.