• Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Guernsey; we have nearly 250 partners in our recently refurbished offices at Trafalgar Court.
• To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations.
• Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career.
About The Role:
Working closely with Finance partners in Limerick, London & Chicago the Finance Manager supports the Guernsey Finance Director and will be responsible for all aspects of financial control for the three principal NT entities based in Guernsey.
The successful candidate will have some people management responsibilities in a small team that is dedicated to providing a first class service to all its ‘clients’.
Individuals with previous experience in bank financial control are of particular interest for the role.
• Manage a small accounting team, including determining priorities, management and coaching of staff and completion of the performance management process; identify training and development needs and ensure that they are met through adequate, timely training opportunities either internally or externally.
• Ensure that projects are completed accurately and in a timely manner by prioritising and setting short and long term goals for the team and allocating available resources.
• Manage the monthly financial reporting close process, reviewing variance explanations and approving reported data. Review and approve various balance sheet reconciliations.
• Plan, prepare and review annual financial statements as part of the annual external audits, acting as the primary liaison between internal partners and auditors.
• Manage the preparation and completion of all applicable financial reports, including submissions to the Guernsey regulator. Provide reports to the Boards of Directors of Guernsey NT companies. Provide input to financial and capital forecasts as part of the Guernsey bank’s ICAAP process.
• Ensure the integrity of financial information by implementing appropriate accounting policies and procedures.
• Proactively identify accounting and reporting issues and oversee the research to determine the impact and evidence the position. Recommend steps for resolution and appropriately communicate as necessary.
• Act as key contact for various internal and external parties, building strong relationships to help in meeting their needs.
• Proactively drive continuous improvement in the team by stressing the importance of ongoing evaluation of existing processes to promote greater effectiveness.
• Work as part of the wider EMEA Finance group, engaging with other teams to help meet group objectives.
Skills /Experience Required:
• Expertise in financial control/reporting and critical accounting related concepts.
• Ability to provide direction and leadership to manage staff members and champion new initiatives.
• Excellent analytical and evaluation skills combined with considerable attention to detail.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to various audiences.
• Flexible approach to process changes and variable workloads.
• Ability to make sound decisions and resolve problems before they escalate.
• Thorough business knowledge and big picture understanding that is likely to have been gained through eight or more years of relevant accounting work experience.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.