Private Banker - Guernsey
- competitive GBP
- St Peter Port, Guernsey, United Kingdom St Peter Port Guernsey GG
- Permanent, Full time
- Carpenter Farraday
- 06 Aug 18 2018-08-06
My client is a leading offshore banking and trust provider who are looking to hire an individual to manage the bank’s relationships with a portfolio of high net worth clients from their offshore centre in Guernsey. The hire will provide leadership and direction to the Private Banking Relationship team in the management of their client base to ensure a first class level of client service in order to maintain and nurture relationships and optimise revenue generation.
- Personally and through the management of the Private Banking Relationship Management team, provide banking clients with a superior level of service in terms of speed and accuracy in the execution of their instructions.
- Participate in the design and facilitate the subsequent achievement of the departmental annual business development and marketing plan to afford the Bank the greatest opportunity to increase the balance sheet and meet the objectives of the sales plan.
- Maintain regular contact with selected Legal, Accounting and Financial Service Companies both locally and internationally to maximise existing and new private client business.
- Monitor the operations of the department to ensure that all relevant and current rules, regulations and Bank policies are adhered to in respect of banking clients, including but not limited to, the effective application of Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Client regulations and policies, awareness of transaction monitoring, and client take-on
- Lead a client contact-calling programme on an ongoing basis focusing on existing clients and selected legal, accountancy and financial service intermediaries to seek business development opportunities
- Maintain an up to date understanding of all applicable laws, regulations and Bank policies to enable the review and maintenance of department procedures and the effective implementation of these in day to day operations.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the financial services sector including client service and supervisory/management roles.
- Target oriented, with a record of meeting set objectives
- A willingness to undertake sales management, and in particular in the design and delivery of effective calling programmes and cross-selling initiatives.
- Project management skills and proven track record working within a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A high degree of risk awareness and compliance orientation.