Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world’s leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
Based in St Peter Port, Northern Trust in Guernsey administers one of the most varied ranges of products in the market and forms a vital part of Northern Trust’s global presence.
Managing the board relationship aspect for a portfolio of Guernsey and non-Guernsey, listed and unlisted entities with the minimum of supervision in a professional, effective, and high quality manner
WHAT WE DO IN THE BOARD RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT TEAM:
Board Relationship Management:
•Principal point of contact for client/fund Boards & Non-Executive Directors (“NEDs”)
•Co-ordinate and ensure smooth delivery of service to client Boards by anticipating the needs of the Boards and taking responsibility for delivering the client meeting experience
•Cross sell Northern Trust products
•Liaise with internal and external service providers to the client/fund Boards
•On-boarding new business in tandem with the New Business Team/Client Relationship Manager
•Represent NT as Administrator and also act as Company Secretary to the funds at board meetings
•Act as Minute Taker in board meetings
•Responsible for noting Action Points arising at board meetings and ensuring their completion by all parties
Corporate Governance guidance:
• Undertake reviews of the Company and Board against the latest key Corporate Governance Codes (AIC, UK and Guernsey)
• Provide guidance on regulatory, reporting, compliance and stock exchange obligations impacting client/fund Boards and project manage as applicable, often with support from Corporate Broker/Investment Manager
• Monitor and implement (on behalf of the board where required), regulation changes (e.g. new 2016 Market Abuse Regulation/ FATCA/CRS/AIFMD etc.
• Identify areas for increased corporate governance best practice and work with the Board to implement changes
• Review policies and procedures for the Boards
• Undertake annual board self-assessment and service provider assessment
Corporate Actions, Company Changes & Reporting:
• Work with various internal and external service providers to implement corporate actions, such as:
• Stock Exchange Listings (London/TISE/Dubai etc.)
• Redemption/tender offers
• Tap issues/additional market share offerings
• Liaise with Statutory Services Department for Member meetings
• Liaise with Financial Reporting for year-end & interim Accounts
• Facilitate the execution of all client legal documentation that needs to be signed offshore
• Support Stock Exchange announcements
REQUIREMENTS (Qualifications And Knowledge/Skills/Competencies)
• The ideal candidate will hold at least 5 years’ experience in a similar corporate governance, relationship management, corporate secretarial or board servicing role. Legal (fund/corporate)experience would also be useful
• A good knowledge of the offshore fund industry particularly with regard to the statutory and regulatory requirements for Guernsey based collective investment schemes and associated vehicles
• A working knowledge of the London Stock Exchange and The International Stock Exchange listing requirements and continuing obligations together with an understanding of the key corporate governance Codes (AIC, UK and Guernsey)
• Effective communication (written and verbal) with a good command of the English language
• Organised with strong time management skills, accuracy and attention to detail
• Computer literate, particularly with Microsoft Office programs
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.