At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role
A new opportunity has arisen for a Data Architect. The successful candidate will help shape M&G's data architecture to be a key enabler for the business strategy, with the following responsibilities
You will have (Job Requirements / Skills & Knowledge)
- Developing and communicating our Data Strategy
- Providing Information Management leadership, direction and governance
- Working with business stakeholders to develop Conceptual Data Models
- Providing data design governance and guidance to transformation projects
- Reviewing solutions for strategic fit and IT architectural compliance
- Providing consultancy and technical support
The ideal candidate will have a sound understanding of Data Management principles and methods, combined with excellent communications skills and expertise in one or more of the following:
- Cloud-based Data Platform Architectures (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Advanced Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Data Science solutions
- Conceptual and Logical Data Modelling
- Business Intelligence and Data Visualisation
- Data Quality management
- Data Governance
- Business Glossaries and Metadata management
- Data Integration technologies
You will also be required to evidence the following
- Previous experience of Financial Services (preferably Asset Management or Life Assurance and Pensions) would be advantageous
- Relevant professional qualification or graduate calibre
- experience of project delivery and systems development lifecycles and methodology (e.g. agile, scrum)
- You can tackle complexity and make things simple for customers and those around you.
- You're commercially savvy, you think competitively and you'll seize a good opportunity whether big or small.
- You love to innovate, exploring what matters to customers and creating solutions that make a positive difference.
- You're a team player who can help everyone pull together to achieve shared goals.
- You take responsibility for creating better outcomes by stepping forward, using your judgement and making things happen.
- You thrive on a challenge, working with intellectual rigour at pace to achieve the highest standards of execution under all conditions.
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.