At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
A new opportunity has arisen for a senior Enterprise Architect with experience of finance systems ideally with a UK based life insurance or Company or similar. The successful candidate will work as a thought leader, helping to shape M&G's strategy and architecture to be a key enabler for the business strategy.
As Enterprise Architect for Finance and Corporate Functions, you will work on a wide range of transformation projects. You'll also be working closely with the wider enterprise architecture team including Security, Data and other business lines to support and develop the Enterprise Architecture of M&G. You will have (Job Requirements / Skills & Knowledge)
- Ensuring that the implications of M&G's ambitious and business strategy are properly assessed and effectively implemented.
- Provide architecture input into technology strategies and roadmaps.
- Acting as a subject matter expert, able to constructively challenge internal and external solution proposals when required.
- Driving adoption of best-practice across IT and the business.
- Defining and implementing common architectural frameworks, standards, patterns and practices.
- Working closely with other stakeholder to define, maintain and communicate elements of our Enterprise Architecture.
- Expert knowledge of fundamental finance system concepts, including statutory and regulatory reporting best practices
- Experience of large ERP systems SAP or Oracle Fusion
- Ideally, experience with Actuarial type systems, Prophet or Willis Towers Watson for eg.
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to recommend pragmatic solutions that address manage cost and complexity against delivering business requirements;
- Previous experience of enterprise architecture design on complex projects.
- Extensive experience of working in a business facing architecture role, ideally within a Financial Services environment.
- Significant experience of working on IT change projects with a good working understanding of a broad range of technologies, including application, database, infrastructure and cloud.
- Experience of defining and maintaining Enterprise Architecture and strategy artefacts and roadmaps.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to describe technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in articulating complex requirements as easy to understand systems.
- Ability to network with external bodies and individuals in similar businesses and roles.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team, whilst working on multiple items at the same time.
- Good knowledge of governing security in both Agile and ITSM (e.g. Scaled Agile Framework/ ITIL)
- Experience working with the CxO community to be able to distil technically complicated messages.
You will also be required to evidence the following
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
- You can tackle complexity and make things simple for customers and those around you.
- You're commercially savvy, you think competitively and you'll seize a good opportunity whether big or small.
- You love to innovate, exploring what matters to customers and creating solutions that make a positive difference.
- You're a team player who can help everyone pull together to achieve shared goals.
- You take responsibility for creating better outcomes by stepping forward, using your judgement and making things happen.
- You thrive on a challenge, working with intellectual rigour at pace to achieve the highest standards of execution under all conditions.
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.