Quality Engineer Chapter Lead
Wednesday 10 July 2019 Salary Range
£54,117 - £60,130 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Job Share, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
We're looking to recruit a Lead Quality Engineer to deliver the highest quality customer driven software whist continually challenging, motivating, mentoring and supporting their engineering teams.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to make a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others). What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Lead Quality Engineer mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy. Want to know more?
- You'll understand the business & lab priorities, and are able to facilitate the best solution designs with team members and product owners.
- You'll be environment aware, can identify technical impediments / bottlenecks and work directly to resolve.
- You'll anchor within the core engineering area and carry the ability to test, learn and mentor others.
- You'll need to be team aware and work with team members to support delivery in T-Shaped supporting technologies
And as for your skills?
- Understands and directs how components and services are developed, tested and progressed within Chapters
- Works with Lab Engineer (& chapter) to deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles
- Works with Lab Engineer (& chapter) to ensure platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices.
- Is accountable for patterns and practices to be communicated across wider Engineering Communities and Guilds.
- Understands and ensures industry best practices are understood by Lab Engineering Community and related business functions.
- Ensures they are a strong contributor to the Engineering Communities & Guilds, helping to build the community and building the capabilities of others
- Leading and mentoring colleagues within Engineering Chapters, Guilds and the team whilst ensuring the appropriate development and coaching in place to ensure the team is successful across the directorate
We'll need you to have four
(or more) of these technologies:
- Strong knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and experience in Chapter delivery of software products
- Significant experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence
- Experience of leading & working as part of an agile team
- Experience of using modern software development toolsets including DevOps, Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience leading, coaching and developing people and teams
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference. Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity. You'll also receive a package that includes
Sound like you? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you... At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Car allowance
- Discretionary bonus circa 20 % of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday