Wednesday 10 July 2019 Salary Range
£38,934 - £43,260 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Job Share, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
We're looking to recruit a Software Engineer to work in consistent way with the collective views, frameworks, patterns standard methodologies that exist across our wider Engineering community.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to make a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others).
What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Software Engineer mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy. Want to know more?
- You'll have experience in using and adopting a wide range of engineering practices and tools.
- You'll have experience of coaching others.
- You'll have a good level of technical maturity and is familiar with emerging technology within the engineering space.
And as for your skills?
- Maintaining a focus on reducing risk and building confidence in the team and its partners on the quality of Engineering.
- Ensuring Engineering is conducted in a way which is consistent with the collective views, frameworks, patterns and standard methodologies that exist across the wider Engineering community.
- Ensuring area of responsibility is aligned with overall engineering strategies and transformation, pushing boundaries and seeking opportunities to improve.
- Open to new "thought process" and Change mind-set, bring in new ways of working/ innovative and creative ways of delivering software.
- Typically operates in more stable labs.
We'll need you to have four
(or more) of these technologies:
.NET (C#, WCF, WPF), SQL Server (T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS)
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference. Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
Sound like you? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you... At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 28 days leave plus bank holidays