We have an exciting opportunity for an analytical Credit Risk Assistant Vice President to join our Risk and Compliance team. The successful candidate will join an existing team of 5, reporting into the Head of Credit Risk, Senior Vice President.
- Assist in the preparation of credit applications, principally for FIs and NBFIs, for new and existing clients, and deliver high-quality applications to enable credit committee to take an informed decision.
- Assist with the monitoring and reporting of credit exposure / risk in line with internal policies and risk appetite.
- Ensure the effective administration of the credit portfolio, monitoring of credit limits, reviewing documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for frontier/emerging markets with a view to establishing country limits by product.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Strong technical credit analysis and research skills (including financial statements analysis, sector research, peer analysis).
- Knowledge of banking products from a credit risk perspective including global markets treasury/FX products and trade finance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and high accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to plan ahead to ensure reviews are completed by deadlines and urgent transactions prioritised.
- Demonstrable credit analysis experience of FIs and NBFIs within the financial services industry, ideally in an emerging/frontier market context. Financial modelling skills would also be desirable.
- French/Portuguese language skills desirable but not essential.
Education / Professional Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent